Audiophile Ninja cables?
May 13, 2021 at 2:28 PM Post #16 of 212
I've been using their cables for over a year now (for my Anandas). I actually just recently custom purchased HD800s cables from Jeremy (the main face of AudiophileNinja) after emailing him. They are great value in my opinion.

May 13, 2021 at 7:31 PM Post #17 of 212
I'm stopping by to recommend this company too. I ordered a custom cable through the very efficient form he has set up. Turnaround time was way faster than expected.

Very practical cable. Looks nice, but not a jewelry cable, very sober and classy utilitarian look. I find that my headphones look aesthetically pleasing with this cable. Seems durable, I won't know since I baby everything, but it looks and feels great.

Very good sound. Not microphonic, which is what is great about sleeved style cables, you never feel like you're wearing a stethoscope haha. Not tangle prone because it's heavy and thick and lays where you put it in a desk situation. The experience of using this cable is fantastic. The look feel and experience is well worth it whether you believe there will be a sound improvement or not.

This was an upgrade to my LCD-X that greatly improved the look and experience of my headphones vs the factory cable in every way.

May 15, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #18 of 212
Just placed an order for a custom cable, website and custom cable process was easy. Will come back with thoughts when they arrive :)

May 15, 2021 at 12:05 PM Post #19 of 212
Same here, I just placed an order for my incoming DCA Aeons Noire and finally getting
the Sundara a decent cable.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Sundara actually sounds better considering the stock water balloon cable.

Both with pentaconn terminations.

What’s an estimated shipping time for in stock cables?

Last edited:
May 15, 2021 at 6:00 PM Post #20 of 212
Same here, I just placed an order for my incoming DCA Aeons Noire and finally getting
the Sundara a decent cable.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Sundara actually sounds better considering the stock water balloon cable.

Both with pentaconn terminations.

What’s an estimated shipping time for in stock cables?
IIRC, mine shipped in a day.

May 20, 2021 at 7:49 PM Post #21 of 212
So, about a week ago I ordered a cable from Audiophile Ninja (custom length). I had already ordered a custom cable from Arctic Cables on April 25th. Both arrived by chance together in the mail today. The Arctic cable turnaround time (3.5 weeks) was very reasonable, but I was quite impressed with the Audiophile Ninja speed. Less than a week from order to delivery! Since they both just arrived this afternoon I don't have much to say other than they both seem well made. Arctic gave me the wrong termination to the amp so that's another issue. Ugh. Anyway, the Ninja cable is relatively soft and flexible, seems of good quality, and the little touches like their logo, and the swag (bottle opener, pen) help make the opening experience nice. Price was good and I look forward to ordering from them again.

n1bmuTQ.jpg

M3YqMH1.jpg

May 28, 2021 at 9:21 PM Post #22 of 212
Im impressed with the build quality and I have definitely noticed some significant differences in what I hear with my Sundaras vs. how they sound with the stock cable they came with! Ive sat down and listened to the same songs, swapping cables back and forth with each listen. Now im not really good with all the audiophile jargon for describing sounds, but I'll try to explain what I've observed.
First thing I noticed was a small, yet significant extention in the Soundstage. Especially with certain instruments. When listening to some songs where drums really stand out for example, like Pneuma from the new Tool album, I found myself being more surrounded by the drums. They extended out further around my sides. It was wild! No joke, Ive listened to songs from that album almost daily since its release. And i kept getting surprised by these subtle differences that added up to an overall more enjoyable experience! Since then, I've been on a musical adventure, listening to albums im very familiar with and absolutely loving all these new little treasures that my ears are picking up on. I definitely recommend trying the same when yours come in!

So fast track to a month later from your comment, can you try to expound on how the audio differs from the stock sundara cable and the Ninja? i hake it that there's better and increased sound stage but what about the over all frequency response? and are there any ranges where details are more audible than stock (and vise versa) ?

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2021 at 2:18 PM Post #23 of 212
I received my 4.4-mm balanced to 3.5-mm dual cable today from Audiophile Ninja. Wow -- what an impressive piece of kit for $70. Super build and sound. Arrived four days after I ordered it. Came with a cool keychain-bottle opener and pen, too -- bonus!

I will look to Audiophile Ninja first for all of my aftermarket headphone cables. Super impressed!

Jun 30, 2021 at 9:47 PM Post #24 of 212
Got my 2nd Audiophile Ninja cable today. Great price, and turnaround time is exceptional. Build quality is great and the cable is thick and feels substantial but is nice and flexible. No kinks or stiffness. For me it’s my ideal cable feel.

Jul 12, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #25 of 212
Is everyone afraid to say how they sound compared to oem because of the anti-cable flamethrowers? This hobby IS about sound, not just looks. I’d really like someone to say that these sound better than stock and how - it doesn’t make sense to spend even ‘only’ $83 (with shipping) just because a cable looks cool.

So - how do they sound?

Thanks.

Jul 12, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #26 of 212
Is everyone afraid to say how they sound compared to oem because of the anti-cable flamethrowers? This hobby IS about sound, not just looks. I’d really like someone to say that these sound better than stock and how - it doesn’t make sense to spend even ‘only’ $83 (with shipping) just because a cable looks cool.

So - how do they sound?

Thanks.
Actually even then it can make sense if you need a replacement cable.

Stock cables usually cost a 3 digit sum as well

Jul 12, 2021 at 1:17 PM Post #27 of 212
Jeremy is great. I've bought over 10 cables from him since this thread was created. First, I bought all XLR cables because that is the standard I use for my desktop system. Then, my son got a 4.4mm balanced 4ft cable which is perfect for connecting your DAP to your full sized headphones. So, I ordered 4' length 4.4mm cables for all of my headphones. I can't speak highly enough about the quality and value of these cables.

Don't be afraid to send him an email about what your need is. I needed a Utopia and HD800S cable which he was out of stock on, but he was able to restock the terminations within a week and made me the cables I needed.

Jul 12, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #28 of 212

So - how do they sound?

Thanks.
Well, mine aren't an apples-to-apples comparison to stock because I bought balanced cables with a 4.4-mm Pentaconn jack to use with a hip-dac with my HiFiMan HE-400se, and they're the only balanced cables I've used with those cans.

But ... the sound is terrific. Better than the stock, unbalanced cable, without a doubt. A bit deeper, punchier bass, a bit more resolving on the high end. Plus you can get more volume out of the same amp with balanced cables.

I'm extremely pleased with my cable. Great service, great looks, great performance. Jeremy is committed to his customers and quality products.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2021 at 9:27 PM Post #29 of 212
Well, mine aren't an apples-to-apples comparison to stock because I bought balanced cables with a 4.4-mm Pentaconn jack to use with a hip-dac with my HiFiMan HE-400se, and they're the only balanced cables I've used with those cans.

But ... the sound is terrific. Better than the stock, unbalanced cable, without a doubt. A bit deeper, punchier bass, a bit more resolving on the high end. Plus you can get more volume out of the same amp with balanced cables.

I'm extremely pleased with my cable. Great service, great looks, great performance. Jeremy is committed to his customers and quality products.
You’re correct, not exactly apples to apples because of the change to pentaconn connection, but I thank you for at least trying to give a straight answer to a straight question.

Jul 12, 2021 at 9:49 PM Post #30 of 212
Actually even then it can make sense if you need a replacement cable.

Stock cables usually cost a 3 digit sum as well
Oh, please. If the sound of all cables was the same, we’d all buy the neo-musica or New Fantasia replacements from Amazon for $16. “What does it sound like?” is a fair question for any headphone cable with higher aspirations than that. IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back