Audiophile? Is that anything like a pedophile?
Sep 1, 2006 at 6:28 PM Post #46 of 59
Haha.. that title seriously made me laugh out loud. Although, "pedophile" seems to be the most common use of the suffix "-phile", so maybe that's why it's being asscociated with pedophile.

Read more book!

Sep 1, 2006 at 9:11 PM Post #47 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik
You know, there's a discussion of male and female jacks going on in the DIY Forum.

I'm still wondering why the use the terms "male" and "female" with electrical connectors. In my experience, the males are usually more often troublemakers than females in both electronics and social interaction, so it makes a little sense.

Sep 1, 2006 at 9:16 PM Post #48 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by star882
I'm still wondering why the use the terms "male" and "female" with electrical connectors. In my experience, the males are usually more often troublemakers than females in both electronics and social interaction, so it makes a little sense.

except when the female jack becomes loose, then you have fidelity problems.

Sep 1, 2006 at 9:20 PM Post #49 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter

But at least with electronics it's much easier to simply replace it with a brand new one when that happens.
plainface.gif

Sep 1, 2006 at 10:55 PM Post #50 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter

In all my experience with electronics, I never had a female D-sub connector become loose. However, I have enountered bent/broken pins in male connectors several times.

Sep 1, 2006 at 11:00 PM Post #51 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by star882
In all my experience with electronics, I never had a female D-sub connector become loose. However, I have enountered bent/broken pins in male connectors several times.

i hate it when i bend my male connector. then i have to go in with a screwdriver and try to make the dang thing straight again!

Sep 3, 2006 at 5:06 PM Post #53 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod
haha, very funny. or not.

dude, put some clothes on!

Sep 3, 2006 at 6:55 PM Post #57 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spareribs
Amplophilia-sexual attraction to amplifiers.

So I guess it's not just an output jack on the front, eh?
wink.gif

/So do you prefer 1/8" or 1/4"?
//Or even XLR? (not that there's anything wrong with that
biggrin.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back