audionoob has 200 to spend
Jun 21, 2009 at 9:06 PM Post #16 of 27
wavid, I noticed your motherboard has coaxial and optical out, if you have an amp that can hook those up, then to your headphones, you should hear a big improvement.

try that in the meanwhile, you have to wait for your new soundcard anyway.

Jun 21, 2009 at 9:27 PM Post #17 of 27
hmm i dont have 1 but i guess i could buy a cheap one...any recomendations?

Jun 21, 2009 at 9:34 PM Post #18 of 27
If you don't have an Amp/Receiver that can take coaxial or optical then you should just wait till you have a sound card. As for sound card, I recommend Asus Xonar Essence line, great card, no computer static noise, comes with an amp, awesome for headphones. But I believe the STX right now it's PCI-E only, have to wait a bit for the ST, PCI version if that's all you have for slots.

Jun 21, 2009 at 9:50 PM Post #19 of 27
HT Omega Claro Halo is another option.
I was looking for a new sound card to pair with my AH-D2000 headphones, and after researching for about 2 weeks and asking multiple questions to HT Omega, I pulled the trigger and ordered this card.. which should be delievered to my door tomorrow.

Jun 21, 2009 at 9:55 PM Post #20 of 27
yea i really want that xoner card...just kinda expensive for a sound card ((i should have a pci e slot free...but i will def hear a major difference?....also some1 mentioned a posibilty to plug in my 5.1 speakers...how will this be done?...wat will i have to buy extra to plug them in..

Jun 21, 2009 at 9:58 PM Post #21 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by corrupt_file /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HT Omega Claro Halo is another option. [..] I pulled the trigger and ordered this card..

they've given me RMAA measurements....let's just say that the STX would have been a FAR better option
redface.gif

Jun 21, 2009 at 10:08 PM Post #22 of 27
You should read some of the stuff leeperry has been doing with his Xonar Essence
smily_headphones1.gif
but just for the super low statics noise that Xonar card provide, it's worth it.

I had the STX for awhile, but it was just too close to my video card and I don't like that... the last thing I want to see my sound card died cause I was gaming it overheated.

Jun 21, 2009 at 10:18 PM Post #23 of 27
ah i game on my ps3 now so itl be fine...ok so im 100% sure my next purchase is going to be the xonar essence...damn i guess my SONY NWZ-A729 16GB WALKMAN will have to wait..il just listen to music from my psp for now
i can get it for 70 pounds...its a good buy i think..especialy when i make my cmoy..itl be pretty good portable audio..with my HD280s

and at home il have my 280s with the xonar essence....not bad

ive spend the last 3 hours tryin to learn how to eq...ive finaly got a pretty good eq for most of my music....ended up having to use my mobos soundcard eq plus my foobar eq lol.....btw i heard foobar has some good plugins i can use...i tried adding a crossfeed plugin cos i heard its good but dono how to use it

Jun 22, 2009 at 3:31 AM Post #24 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by wavid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yea i really want that xoner card...just kinda expensive for a sound card ((i should have a pci e slot free...but i will def hear a major difference?....also some1 mentioned a posibilty to plug in my 5.1 speakers...how will this be done?...wat will i have to buy extra to plug them in..

The only way to do it on the STX is if you had digital 5.1 speakers. other wise you would need the forte to do it while still getting a headphone amp.

LXXL I had sound cards close to my video card all of the time, and they never died from overheating.

Jun 22, 2009 at 4:18 AM Post #25 of 27
I just didn't want to risk it, now I know the ST is coming out I'll just wait for that and I am a happy camper.

Jul 15, 2009 at 3:50 AM Post #26 of 27
sorry for bumping old thread...just bought the 0404 e-mu for 30 pounds today...thats 48 dollars...not bad i think...will 5.1 work with this card?
is ther anything else i should buy to make this as good as posible till next year?
i have like (£60)90$ to spend

Jul 18, 2009 at 11:00 PM Post #27 of 27
actually im thinking of selling my Dell 5650 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers
and maybe buying some new speakers...dont know if i should get 5.1 or not :S
i mostly listen to music and sometimes watch films....(not much) it would be great if i could take them with me from my house to my girlfriends..for her mac(but not very necessary)
price range...hmm if the dell are worth anything.
maybe £80-100...
if not then maybe £50-70

btw this is also a minibump for last post

Users who are viewing this thread

Back