Audioengine D1 vs JDS ODAC ?
Jun 25, 2013 at 10:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Lohb

Headphoneus Supremus
Audioengine D1 vs JDS ODAC are 2 similar priced DAC's with good reviews......

Though the Audioengine has more in regards to features vs the simple pass-through of the ODAC, might the D1 suffer in DAC quality then as they are spreading their costs over more components ?

Jun 25, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:
Audioengine D1 vs JDS ODAC are 2 similar priced DAC's with good reviews......

Though the Audioengine has more in regards to features vs the simple pass-through of the ODAC, might the D1 suffer in DAC quality then as they are spreading their costs over more components ?

As I'm assuming that ODAC are built in very small quantities and I'm sure Audioengine is a much larger company then JDS.
I would think Audioengine would buy more parts in bulk, getting a better prices per part then JDS.

Jun 27, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
As I'm assuming that ODAC are built in very small quantities and I'm sure Audioengine is a much larger company then JDS.
I would think Audioengine would buy more parts in bulk, getting a better prices per part then JDS.

Typical production of ODAC is 1000-2000 units per batch. It's one of the more popular DACs on the market.

Jun 27, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Typical production of ODAC is 1000-2000 units per batch. It's one of the more popular DACs on the market.

1000-2000 units per batch, WoW, did not realize how many of the ODACs are built.

Jul 29, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #5 of 5
I was debating this too, until I realized that the ODAC doesn't have any volume adjustment. I'll be using it with Airmotiv 4s most of the time, so volume adjustment is key because it's not easy to adjust the volume on Airmotivs. Plus, it also has a headphone amp built in, for those times I'll use that. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back