Audioengine A5 vs. KRK Rokit RP6 G2…Nice!!!
Dec 4, 2012 at 6:45 AM Post #61 of 72
I love the review,
right now i can buy either the RP5G2 or the AE A5 but i have no idea what is the best way to connect them, im new so please be gentle with your explanation.
Im listen to hiphop, which one would you think is better for that genre?
I also am getting the audioengine D1 DAC, is that good enough with either of the 2 speakers?

Dec 11, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #62 of 72
Quote:
I love the review,
right now i can buy either the RP5G2 or the AE A5 but i have no idea what is the best way to connect them, im new so please be gentle with your explanation.
Im listen to hiphop, which one would you think is better for that genre?
I also am getting the audioengine D1 DAC, is that good enough with either of the 2 speakers?

Hello headman,

Thanks!!!  Sorry for the late reply...

I would go with the Rokits.  Can't advise on that dac since I have never listened to it.  In reference to your connections, what is your specific question?  With both speakers there are quite a few different ways to connect them directly or with a pre...

Cheers!

Feb 4, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #63 of 72
Would love to see an update on this with the new Audioengine A5+ model. I've read that the sound presence is noticeably larger than the previous A5 model. Have you had a chance to compare the new A5+ vs. the RP6?

Mar 15, 2014 at 7:40 AM Post #64 of 72
Recently got HR824 mk1's and they need a big space to sound right, so will get another pair for my desktop in office/study room. The A2's I find the mids to be way too much. Anyone else find them too mid centric?

A5 or A5+ seem interesting though.

Apr 3, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #66 of 72
Can anybody recomend a good (and affordable) stands for the AudioEngine A5+?

Pretty sure AudioEngine sells their own rubber angled stands for about 30 dollars.

If you're looking for something more adjustable you could look at isoacoustics monitor stands that are around 100 (+/- 20 depending on size you get)

Not sure what your definition of affordable is
etysmile.gif

Apr 3, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #67 of 72

Desk or floor stands?

For desktop use, as previously suggested, there is IsoAcoustics. There is also Primacoustic Recoil Stabilizers. Both excellent.

There's cheaper stuff like MoPads.

Apr 4, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #68 of 72

When I was using a set of M-Audi BX5 D2's I would sit the monitors on cork yoga bricks. They cost like $12 for a pair from Amazon.

I later decided I wanted more oomph so I swapped out the monitors for a set of KRK rokit 8's and went with a set of Ultimate Support studio monitor stands. They are perfect for my work desk.

Apr 4, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #69 of 72
Thanks

I meant floor stands. I just got my new A5+ speakers, but I realized I don't have enough room in my desk

After a very quick search, I found out that Audioengines does not sponsor any stands and for what I could read, the A5+ are not an easy fit for any std floor stand

I hope I am wrong....I'll take a look to the Isoacoustics stands

thks

Apr 4, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #70 of 72
I didn't like the Isoacoustics stands.

I wanted something much more stable to hold the heavy monitors.

http://www.ultimatesupport.com/product/MS-90-36B

Those floor stands in 36" are what I'm using in the previous picture.

Apr 8, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #71 of 72
They look very nice!! Price? Did you fill the stands?

Aug 18, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #72 of 72
What's the opinion was on setting the Rokit 6's up for iPod/Computer listening. I'm still doing a decent bit of mixing, but what is your suggestion on the best set up you came by for mere listening?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back