Audio-Technica's New Multidriver IEMs: The ATH-IM Series
Feb 12, 2014 at 12:09 PM Post #361 of 427
Anybody finding it tough to get a good fit? Any tips recommendations? I'm thinking it may be the weird angled design of the nozzle that is obstructing the fit. Otherwise it is really a great pair of IEM especially at its unbeatable price point.

Same issue here, I've tried a bunch of things but with no real luck.

Feb 13, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #368 of 427

From my observation, if I were to wear my IM50 for long hours, my ears will be a little sore.

Actually i use them for long hours (i use them as my monitors at work), and had no issues with sore ears. The only "big" problem i have with the housing is that the Left one keeps sliding out of my ear, affecting the bass at some points. But it might be fixable using Complys or other tips (Hybrids do the same to me, Olives work to some extent...).

Feb 13, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #369 of 427
Actually i use them for long hours (i use them as my monitors at work), and had no issues with sore ears. The only "big" problem i have with the housing is that the Left one keeps sliding out of my ear, affecting the bass at some points. But it might be fixable using Complys or other tips (Hybrids do the same to me, Olives work to some extent...).

Same here! But I'm experiencing it on the right ear. But complys tend to muffle up the sound, make it warmer and tame the bass response IMO. A bigger size hybrid or the hubris which is stuffed with foam may help.

Feb 13, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #370 of 427
Same here! But I'm experiencing it on the right ear. But complys tend to muffle up the sound, make it warmer and tame the bass response IMO. A bigger size hybrid or the hubris which is stuffed with foam may help.

I tried with the VSonic tips with foam, didn't worked that well for me, at least. They work great with my GR04, but the IM70 lost a lot of highs, and the bass got too tamed for my taste. So far, the only sound i like is with the stock tips. The weird thing is that with my IM50's, the slide doesn't happen... Might switch the tips, or even switch headphones...

Feb 13, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #371 of 427
I tried with the VSonic tips with foam, didn't worked that well for me, at least. They work great with my GR04, but the IM70 lost a lot of highs, and the bass got too tamed for my taste. So far, the only sound i like is with the stock tips. The weird thing is that with my IM50's, the slide doesn't happen... Might switch the tips, or even switch headphones...

Interesting. But I thought both IM50 and IM70 houses the same design? Though not a very ergonomic design in my view but I do like the cable a lot! Any comments on which model you prefer? :)

Feb 14, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #373 of 427
Interesting. But I thought both IM50 and IM70 houses the same design? Though not a very ergonomic design in my view but I do like the cable a lot! Any comments on which model you prefer?
smily_headphones1.gif

Right now, i like the IM70 way better than the IM50, merely because i found that the 70's sound a lot more cleaner than the 50's. I like the bass better on the 70's too. It sounds just perfect with my DX50 and straight to my Laptop.

Feb 16, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #374 of 427

Right now, i like the IM70 way better than the IM50, merely because i found that the 70's sound a lot more cleaner than the 50's. I like the bass better on the 70's too. It sounds just perfect with my DX50 and straight to my Laptop.

I like the 70 over the 50 as well. Except the poor choice in colour. The sound is tighter over-all especially the bass. More held together and controlled. For the price, the 70 is a really good deal. Better than most of the more expensive Shures.

The IM03 is something special as well. Very nice sounding iem. Sad about the housing though.  

Feb 18, 2014 at 5:39 AM Post #375 of 427
I'm quite impressed with im50s. Didn't have high expectations but did very well at its price point. Spacious sound with good separation and coherence. Vocal sounds warm and sweet. Only gripe is the fit...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back