Audio-Technica's New Multidriver IEMs: The ATH-IM Series
Jan 8, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #257 of 427
  huh..

One last question, out of the two iems, which sound smoother to your ears?

IM03 sounds smoother but somehow I prefer the more upfront and clarity of the mids on the IM02

IMO, IM02 sounds closer to CK100PRO other than the less extended treble..

difference in pricing of both (im02 and im03) is also very substantial, just a thought..

Jan 8, 2014 at 9:01 PM Post #258 of 427

IM03 sounds smoother but somehow I prefer the more upfront and clarity of the mids on the IM02

IMO, IM02 sounds closer to CK100PRO other than the less extended treble..

difference in pricing of both (im02 and im03) is also very substantial, just a thought..

Cool, thanks. I have the im-02 only and didn't know that the im-03s would sound that different in comparison. I thought the mids were clear, but also pretty smooth for a ba, almost ck10 like sometimes. 

Appreciate your thoughts, I hope you are enjoying your iems, and thanks for sharing your impressions.

I'm shocked to know that the im-03 isn't as clear though, didn't expect a veil on that earphone.

Jan 8, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #260 of 427
  Cool, thanks. I have the im-02 only and didn't know that the im-03s would sound that different in comparison. I thought the mids were clear, but also pretty smooth for a ba, almost ck10 like sometimes. 

Appreciate your thoughts, I hope you are enjoying your iems, and thanks for sharing your impressions.

I'm shocked to know that the im-03 isn't as clear though, didn't expect a veil on that earphone.

IMO (again), the slight veil in the mids of the IM03 when compared to IM02, will make the IM03 more versatile across different genres, while IM02 is more focused on vocals and that would actually suit me more...

Jan 8, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #261 of 427
agreed. ck10 also more focused on vocals compared to im03. but i still prefer im03 because it sound more balance/flexible to me (i listen mostly jpop)

Jan 9, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #262 of 427
give my IM03 some color =)

http://imageshack.com/a/img541/3190/vz7p.jpg

Jan 9, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #265 of 427
:frowning2: I've lost some weight and I'm starting to have some fit issues with my IM70. Having a hard time keeping these bad boys in my ears if I don't have the smallest auvio tips on them.

Jan 10, 2014 at 9:06 AM Post #266 of 427
One of the things I like about the IM-3s is although they are very detailed, they are not too revealing of badly produced/mastered recordings.  A classic example for me is Katy Perry's song "Firework".  It has sounded horrific on some earphones I have tried, but it is definitely listenable on the IM03s.

Jan 11, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #267 of 427
  One of the things I like about the IM-3s is although they are very detailed, they are not too revealing of badly produced/mastered recordings.  A classic example for me is Katy Perry's song "Firework".  It has sounded horrific on some earphones I have tried, but it is definitely listenable on the IM03s.

were those other earphones ba's as well?

Jan 12, 2014 at 8:35 AM Post #269 of 427
After a bit of examination, I found that the Audio-Technica stock tips really muddy up the bass.

I'm now using soft tips from RedGiant, which help clear up the bass on the IM50. Monster Foam Supertips do a nice job with the IM04, as well.

Jan 12, 2014 at 8:40 AM Post #270 of 427
  After a bit of examination, I found that the Audio-Technica stock tips really muddy up the bass.

I'm now using soft tips from RedGiant, which help clear up the bass on the IM50. Monster Foam Supertips do a nice job with the IM04, as well.

I noticed that immediately - I find that often tends to be the case with their stock tips. Thinner tips are better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back