Audio Technica Warranty?
Oct 9, 2011 at 6:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

oSpectrum

New Head-Fier
I want to buy a pair of ATH-M50.  I looked at the warranty for Audio Technica products on their website, but I have a few questions:

1. If the headphones blow out (a speaker stops working) during the 2-year period, will they replace it?
  2. If an external feature breaks on the headpones (ie a speaker cup falls off, cord breaks, etc.), will they replace it?

Thanks in advance!

Oct 9, 2011 at 7:24 PM Post #2 of 5
Hey

Point #1) Probably. Unless they can find evidence that the driver failed due to it's max power loading being exceeded.

Point #2) Depends. If it is clearly a fault of manufacture, a rare case indeed since they are rugged to say the least
then sure but if you have abused it by snagging the cord or throwing it around like a football then I'd say no.

Oct 9, 2011 at 8:14 PM Post #3 of 5
I don't know about driver faults, but if one of the support wings breaks off, they'll ship you another one at no charge upon request, not even stopping to ask if your headphones are still under warranty.

If that's not good customer service, I don't know what is.

(I know, the M50 doesn't have wings like the A or AD series, but I wouldn't be surprised if that extended to other parts of the headphone as well.)

Oct 9, 2011 at 8:33 PM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
Hey

Point #2) Depends. If it is clearly a fault of manufacture, a rare case indeed since they are rugged to say the least
then sure but if you have abused it by snagging the cord or throwing it around like a football then I'd say no.

That's not true for me at least the 3.5mm connector broke because abuse on my part(throw a laptop while having the headphone plugged it and landed in a way that the force twisted the connector out of place).  I bent it back but sound only worked from ear I filled out the warranty claim form and packaged it with proof of purchased and sent it off to audio technica repair center was repaired no questions asked free of charge just had to pay to ship it there.

Oct 9, 2011 at 10:43 PM Post #5 of 5
Audio Technica will always take care of you regardless of what you do to their cans....

Denon on the other hand....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back