Audio Technica updates their open headphones "AD" Series: AD2000x, AD1000x, AD900x, AD700x and AD500x
Mar 14, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #752 of 2,205
Quote:

And the mids as well.  Also things like which is thin, which is cold, which is warm, which has the best tonal balance..  Things like that..
biggrin.gif

I'll do my best when I go to compare, but I don't have the best of ears, having attended way to many loud concerts in my youth, then being a club dj for almost 15 years, while continuing to see live acts.

Granted, I'm not deaf yet, but my ability to detect high end roll off and sibilance  is limited.

And AD900X to AD2000X? :wink:

Will do, probably on the weekend unless I can squeeze some time in tonight or Friday night.

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #753 of 2,205
Quote:
Man oh man oh man, you are the one. Please compare the two
tongue.gif
. The other chap said the AD2kX was not as warm... and you are saying it might have a bit more bass. I'm more interested in hearing if the treble has been more tamed.

Thank you!

Niall

Hmm, I am amaze how each of us hear differently. 
I can't a second imagine AD2K treble bright all, other then very very smooth extended, even smoother than LCD-2 and HD650.
I think it could be due to how tight the headphone press our ears, structure of our ear pinna, etc?

And I am in the camp where I do not want any more bass to add to AD2000 as I do not want any compromise to it's magical vocal.
I rate AD2K vocal more beautiful than LCD-2 actually.

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #754 of 2,205
New pads VS used pads ?
tongue.gif

I Wrote that AD2000X was "slightly brighter" than AD2000 due to it's "clearer mids" . And pressure between AD2000 and AD2000X were not the same at all on my head , AD2000 => great clamp very secure and peraphs a bit to much pressure on ears with stok pads , AD2000X much more loose fit , but still ok .  (So never totally satisfied ) .

Mar 14, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #756 of 2,205
Quote:

I can't a second imagine AD2K treble bright all, other then very very smooth extended, even smoother than LCD-2 and HD650.
I think it could be due to how tight the headphone press our ears, structure of our ear pinna, etc?

And I am in the camp where I do not want any more bass to add to AD2000 as I do not want any compromise to it's magical vocal.

smoother than hd650? so can you say AD2K have some treble roll off?

Mar 15, 2013 at 1:31 AM Post #757 of 2,205
smoother than hd650? so can you say AD2K have some treble roll off?

Yeah well he said everyone had different ears. The HD650 has rolled off treble to me and that's one of the best things about them! It's nice and smooth, something that I personally don't get with the AD2000. There are times where I have to turn the volume down because the treble is causing fatigue.

Everyone hears differently. :) I am intrigued with the AD2000X based on your impressions.

New pads VS used pads ? :p

I Wrote that AD2000X was "slightly brighter" than AD2000 due to it's "clearer mids" . And pressure between AD2000 and AD2000X were not the same at all on my head , AD2000 => great clamp very secure and peraphs a bit to much pressure on ears with stok pads , AD2000X much more loose fit , but still ok .  (So never totally satisfied ) .

The AD2k has way too much clamping if you ask me. It's uncomfortable unless you bend the headphones. I did the exact opposite for the W3kANV. It was too loose. I'd imagine I'd have the same problems with the AD2kx. In regards to how they sound, I'm lost by your comments. That's just me. I struggle to articulate what I hear sometimes.

Mar 15, 2013 at 8:15 AM Post #758 of 2,205
The Tenso experience was excellent, they were super quick - the package was in Australia in 24 hours! Australia post took another 3! days to get them to me. As for the A900X. I'll write a brief newby's review shortly. I like them. A lot.

Mar 15, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #759 of 2,205
Quote:
The Tenso experience was excellent, they were super quick - the package was in Australia in 24 hours! Australia post took another 3! days to get them to me. As for the A900X. I'll write a brief newby's review shortly. I like them. A lot.

Yeah they ship real quick. Order went through on Wednesday and was in the US by noon Friday. I was really surprised because I was sure I wasn't getting them until Monday.

Mar 15, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #760 of 2,205
Question for you guys using Tenso and Amazon.co.jp

So you have to order and pay on Amazon first and then have the item shipped to Tenso and then pay the fee? And does an American VISA work fine on Amazon.co.jp?

Mar 15, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #761 of 2,205
Quote:

So you have to order and pay on Amazon first and then have the item shipped to Tenso and then pay the fee? And does an American VISA work fine on Amazon.co.jp?

You've got it right. And Canadian Visa works just fine, so yes, American Visa will as well.

Mar 16, 2013 at 12:03 AM Post #762 of 2,205
http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php?/topic/81183-newjapan-proxy-service-buying-service-from-japan-with-low-fee/

fyi: just try this,for proxy service from japan its cheap and trusted. note: this is not promotional and im not affiliated with that service, 

does ad900x pair well with fiio e12? anyone have tried it?

Mar 16, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #763 of 2,205
Quote:
does ad900x pair well with fiio e12? anyone have tried it?

Are you kidding me? Yes, it pairs beautifully. Well, at least it does for the E12 version 1. But I suspect they will sound as awesome with v2.

This is the post that got me lusting over the E12 (to pair with my ad900x).

As an added bonus, the E12 is pairing beautifully with my jvc s500's and other iem's, so I'm very happy with it. I wish that it had a longer battery life (you know, 90 hours like the C&B BH as opposed to 10 hours), but that's ok, because you can at least use it while charging (not so with the E11).

Edit: I should qualify that my main source is my laptop and ELE DAC.

Mar 16, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #764 of 2,205
Quote:
Quote:

You've got it right. And Canadian Visa works just fine, so yes, American Visa will as well.

I had to pay $33.26 CDN to Canada Post (taxes etc) plus Tenso fees of about $30.00  ... on 14,137 yen (161.08 Cdn)  for the ATH-AD900x.  Bought from Amazon.co.jp.  So we are talking about $224.00 total.

Mar 16, 2013 at 12:21 AM Post #765 of 2,205
Quote:
I had to pay $33.26 CDN to Canada Post (taxes etc) plus Tenso fees of about $30.00  ... on 14,137 yen (161.08 Cdn)  for the ATH-AD900x.  Bought from Amazon.co.jp.  So we are talking about $224.00 total.

I didn't have to pay that. Was that customs/taxes? Wonder why you got smacked and I didn't?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back