Audio Technica updates their open headphones "AD" Series: AD2000x, AD1000x, AD900x, AD700x and AD500x
Jan 20, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #377 of 2,205
Quote:
Thanks for those great comments. I wonder if you could comment on the specific areas of improvement over the old model, or have you not heard it? As you're a violin player your impressions would be especially useful.  

Unfortunately, I have not heard the old model. I was considering buying the AD900 to upgrade from my AD700 until I found out about the AD900X and read dsnuts' review of them.

Jan 20, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #379 of 2,205
Quote:
Those are the ugliest headphones I've ever seen I don't even care if they sound like Marshall stacks in ur ears THEY'RE ******* UGLY BRO

I've always thought the AD series has looked kinda cool. I love that they've finally taken the rear felt off of the lower end models. Something about a visible driver looks so cool.

Also, I've just skimmed this thread so I may have missed it. Anyone with an AD2000X have a comparison of them against the RS1 for rock? I know the AD2000s are recommended for rock pretty often, so I'm wondering if the AD2000X changes things.

Jan 20, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #380 of 2,205
I've always thought the AD series has looked kinda cool. I love that they've finally taken the rear felt off of the lower end models. Something about a visible driver looks so cool.

Also, I've just skimmed this thread so I may have missed it. Anyone with an AD2000X have a comparison of them against the RS1 for rock? I know the AD2000s are recommended for rock pretty often, so I'm wondering if the AD2000X changes things.
Idk man imagine that thing in public you'd look like a handicapped Person. lol

Jan 20, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #381 of 2,205
Quote:

Well, these are open, so...these wouldn't go outside for one thing, and uhh what kind of handicap?

Jan 20, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #382 of 2,205
Quote:

If you decided to walk around in public with headphones meant for at home listening in a quiet environment, you might be handicapped ;]

Besides, I don't see how their fashionability has any effect on their function as headphones as opposed to fashion accessories. There are other brands that can cater to that if that's your main concern.

And I think the all black appearance with the exposed chrome drivers is incredibly sexy.

Jan 21, 2013 at 11:48 PM Post #383 of 2,205
I've stumbled upon this thread after...well...procrastinating, and couldn't help but notice how awesome the AD2000x seems. I split my time evenly between Classical (mainly Romantic) and Rock (mostly classic), but my LCD-2.2s just don't cut it for Classical. Does anyone think that these would make a good companion to the LCD-2.2s? I mean, my only other choice would be to go and buy an HD800, and that is NOT happening with my high school income...

Thanks,

FatmanSize240

Jan 21, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #384 of 2,205
If you decided to walk around in public with headphones meant for at home listening in a quiet environment, you might be handicapped ;]

Besides, I don't see how their fashionability has any effect on their function as headphones as opposed to fashion accessories. There are other brands that can cater to that if that's your main concern.

And I think the all black appearance with the exposed chrome drivers is incredibly sexy.
No your handicapped

Jan 21, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #385 of 2,205

No your handicapped

Jan 22, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #387 of 2,205
Quote:
Loving my AD2000X. Go to sleep with them on all the time. :)

Great that you enjoy your AD2000X ^^ will have mine soon (well i hope) . Just a bit affraid of weather ... French airport seams in panic with just 5cm of snow 
redface.gif
, every 2h i check the traking thing 
rolleyes.gif

(Double post )

Jan 22, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #388 of 2,205
Quote:
No your handicapped

You don't like Audio Technica "Air serie" esthetic OK .
rolleyes.gif

Quote:
I've stumbled upon this thread after...well...procrastinating, and couldn't help but notice how awesome the AD2000x seems. I split my time evenly between Classical (mainly Romantic) and Rock (mostly classic), but my LCD-2.2s just don't cut it for Classical. Does anyone think that these would make a good companion to the LCD-2.2s? I mean, my only other choice would be to go and buy an HD800, and that is NOT happening with my high school income...

Thanks,

FatmanSize240

AD2000X For classical ? Hum peraphs not the most recommanded can for this kind of purpose , well at least speacking for my AD2000 (AD2000X has not yet reached home , shipped saturday from Japan) is that the soundstage as a good sense of depth , airy and somewhat spacious but not very large , instrument separation is quite good  , presentation is forward sounding, but again their are headphones wich are better in this departements , futhemore Mids are highly colored and not very transparent  ... For classical peraphs not the most recommanded can , i enjoy mine with classical , but i would not recommand it for classical unless you could try it before .

Jan 22, 2013 at 5:29 AM Post #390 of 2,205
Quote:

Unfortunately, I have not heard the old model. I was considering buying the AD900 to upgrade from my AD700 until I found out about the AD900X and read dsnuts' review of them.

Say, how do you feel about the bass on AD900x compare to AD700. Last time I tried AD700, the bass is seriously too weak for my liking

Can you compare the bass on AD900x and HD595? HD598 bass was good so I guess 595 should be the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back