Audio Technica updates their open headphones "AD" Series: AD2000x, AD1000x, AD900x, AD700x and AD500x
Jan 14, 2014 at 6:09 AM Post #1,621 of 2,205
  So far i'm very happy with my AD2000x. I wish there would be a bit more bass however sonys clearbass from my portable works extremly well without adding any obvious artifacts. The AD2000x can handle _alot_ of bass added by eq without problems, clearbass +1 is all i need for my tastes. Adding a rubber band to the wings makes them headbang compatible and fit just as tight as the old AD2000. The W1000x still gives me less problems with keeping the fit due to the pads so no rubberband necessary there. Both headphones are so different that they complement each other fantastically.

Good to hear that you are happy with ad2000x. I am also very happy with it :) Btw any songs you have tried that you think is amazing/special with the ad2kx? :)

Jan 14, 2014 at 6:41 AM Post #1,622 of 2,205
  Good to hear that you are happy with ad2000x. I am also very happy with it :) Btw any songs you have tried that you think is amazing/special with the ad2kx? :)

Anything from Ali Project
redface.gif
  (bah you should have allready listen something from them i guess
rolleyes.gif
) .

Watashi no Bara wo Haminasai (one of their latest single if i am not wrong
tongue.gif
)

Jan 14, 2014 at 7:03 AM Post #1,624 of 2,205
  I didnt have that much time yet to check through my collection. So far nearly everything from Maaya Sakamoto sounds great. Also japanese R&B if well produced sounds fabulous

Maaya Sakamoto! I like her too especially her song Yakusoku Wa Iranai :)

Jan 14, 2014 at 7:03 AM Post #1,625 of 2,205

Anything from Ali Project
redface.gif
  (bah you should have allready listen something from them i guess
rolleyes.gif
) .

Watashi no Bara wo Haminasai (one of their latest single if i am not wrong
tongue.gif
)

Hey thanks I'll try listening to it :) Well I still doesn't heard any of their songs :)

Jan 16, 2014 at 12:51 AM Post #1,627 of 2,205
I find DVD sound tracks and the movie themselves sound good.  Bluray event better. The quality of the recording format(s) is so improved even if you have to down mix it to 2 channel or set it to stereo so much better than a CD.

Jan 16, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #1,628 of 2,205
Sorry to ask a question that's most likely been answered, I honestly did search but my eyes are about to pop.  I want a set of gaming headphones and want them strictly for their soundstage and detail whoring... I know the AD700 are proved but are the new AD700X as good or better?  I thought I read elsewhere the new 'x' model falls short compared to the old AD700...

Thanks!

Jan 16, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #1,629 of 2,205
  Sorry to ask a question that's most likely been answered, I honestly did search but my eyes are about to pop.  I want a set of gaming headphones and want them strictly for their soundstage and detail whoring... I know the AD700 are proved but are the new AD700X as good or better?  I thought I read elsewhere the new 'x' model falls short compared to the old AD700...

Thanks!

No one here has done a very proper comparison between the AD700 and AD700X for gaming, but I can say that, without a doubt, the AD700 is an absolute great gaming headphone strictly because of its soundstage and separation. I also think it's more attractive because it is so damn ugly. The cable and termination are also of higher quality. Just go get an AD700.

Jan 16, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #1,630 of 2,205
  No one here has done a very proper comparison between the AD700 and AD700X for gaming, but I can say that, without a doubt, the AD700 is an absolute great gaming headphone strictly because of its soundstage and separation. I also think it's more attractive because it is so damn ugly. The cable and termination are also of higher quality. Just go get an AD700.

Thanks for the info, now I just need to see if I can find anywhere that still has the old AD700.

Jan 16, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #1,633 of 2,205
  Surprisingly no... plenty of the new AD700x but not the old AD700... unless I'm blind?  There are a few used AD700 but for extremely high prices.  Can you post a link if you're seeing something I'm not?

Huh. You're right. I found a couple from other vendors. I wonder if there are any on the sale forums you could purchase for cheap. I would sell you mine, but they're all modded out specifically for my head at this point. You wouldn't be making a bad decision going with the AD700X since it is practically the same thing. I just like the quality and look of the AD700 better.

Jan 16, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #1,634 of 2,205
  Huh. You're right. I found a couple from other vendors. I wonder if there are any on the sale forums you could purchase for cheap. I would sell you mine, but they're all modded out specifically for my head at this point. You wouldn't be making a bad decision going with the AD700X since it is practically the same thing. I just like the quality and look of the AD700 better.

Ha - so you're the one that likes that purple color...  I found some AD700 from an Australian vendor on eBay for $133 US but shipping is about $30.  The AD700X are $140 shipped on Amazon so I'll need to think it over.  I have to also admit I'm also really interested in the Q701 from AKG at $200 on Amazon, they offer more usability than the AD700/X while still being great for FPS's....

Jan 17, 2014 at 3:08 AM Post #1,635 of 2,205
Ha - so you're the one that likes that purple color...  I found some AD700 from an Australian vendor on eBay for $133 US but shipping is about $30.  The AD700X are $140 shipped on Amazon so I'll need to think it over.  I have to also admit I'm also really interested in the Q701 from AKG at $200 on Amazon, they offer more usability than the AD700/X while still being great for FPS's....

I started with the AD700 and very quickly went for a K702 after that. Just as good for gaming, but can be used with more music. If the Q701 is an option for you, go that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back