Audio-Technica new wood cans...ATH-W5000
Oct 17, 2005 at 7:24 PM Post #181 of 289
Quote:

Originally Posted by mattigol
And obviously you do??

Do I have to spell it out to you again? - Nobody is dismissing the L3000 by praising the looks of the W5000! At this point noone's even been close to auditioning the W5000, so relax for pete's sake! Noone here is contesting the fact you continuously listen to the BEST rig under the sun. Please give us mere mid-fiers a chance to discuss our anticipation of the W5000.

Thanks...and remember to enjoy your music! M.

biggrin.gif
Cool, Calm and Collected, mattigol. The same thing I have posted many times on this thread and other threads, when I see people start to phantom A/B the W5000 with L3000.
eek.gif

I am glad to see the Audio Technica love all around, but some things being said since the announcement of W5000, is just pure speculations.

mattigol, you should join the ATWOF!!!

Overlunge

Oct 17, 2005 at 9:35 PM Post #183 of 289
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36
Tempers seem to be exploding. Is this because we are all afraid this will be another limited edition? I mean really limited, really, really limited. Pricejapan.com sez they will carry it.

Dunno, considering the interest in this thread + wordwide distribution I think these pbones will be hugely popular as long as they pass the listening litmus test.

Oct 17, 2005 at 9:55 PM Post #185 of 289
The pads on the A900 LE look a little too flat, I like a little more distance between the pads and drivers.

Oct 18, 2005 at 1:35 PM Post #186 of 289
I may have mentioned it before, but did you notice how elegant these headphones are? And the amp.

01v.jpg

Oct 18, 2005 at 4:50 PM Post #189 of 289
Quote:

Tempers seem to be exploding.

Yeah mate...you should hear me discussing politics.
wink.gif

Quote:

Is this because we are all afraid this will be another limited edition? I mean really limited, really, really limited.

That's unlikely. Unless of course, AT replaces it with a 45-year Ann. Ed. next year. But by then, all inclined head-fiers should have gotten their pair anyhow and it's time for gear-envy all over again!
icon10.gif

Quote:

Pricejapan.com sez they will carry it.

And that sir, is good news! They hadn't responded to my pleas yet.

Cheers!

Oct 18, 2005 at 4:56 PM Post #190 of 289
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas
It seems each wood housing has a different striped pattern.

I'd hope so, unless they were manufactured at an IKEA factory.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas
mn_at01a.jpg

Looking good.

Sure do. I am very happy to see they did not build them overly big as the following image might suggest:

images789220.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Ahh...these keep looking better every day. AT - read this thread and make sure they sound just as nice as they look!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 18, 2005 at 5:22 PM Post #191 of 289
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugano-san
I may have mentioned it before, but did you notice how elegant these headphones are? And the amp.

01v.jpg

The girl in the pic staring at you with the cute elfin ears - "And what am I, chopped liver?"
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 18, 2005 at 5:37 PM Post #193 of 289
Quote:

Originally Posted by mattigol
I'd hope so, unless they were manufactured at an IKEA factory.

There's no need for sarcasm. I was just making an observation.

EDIT: It appears the photo links are operative.

Oct 18, 2005 at 6:01 PM Post #194 of 289
C'mon Elephas, dude, why don't you put the pics back.

Somehow I don't feel that mattigol's remark was meant sarcastically (more like Northern European rustic charme), and I would bet it wasn't directed personally at you. So I suggest you should not take it personally either and maybe consider putting the pics back.

Maybe mattigol would like to comment on the accuracy of my observations...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back