Audio-Technica new wood cans...ATH-W5000
Nov 26, 2005 at 2:26 AM Post #286 of 289
Quote:

Originally Posted by kenneth11zz
Yeah, I'm holding my breath. Just two more weeks, we'll know from the first impression. Also, I hope the W5000 will sound pretty good without an amp like L3000.

-Kenneth

Two weeks? if it's anything like the l3000, you've still got 2-300 hrs of run-in, before an accurate impression.
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

Nov 26, 2005 at 12:49 PM Post #287 of 289
Quote:

Originally Posted by halcyon
In general, it is IMHO, very difficult to make a world class closed headphone that competes with fully open designs.

halcyon,

I have always felt that it was just the other way around. Whenever there is a choice bewtenn a fully open or a closed/ported design in a manufacturer's range, I prefer the closed version. All my favourite headphones are closed ones. I have never heard an open headphone that got the upper bass and lower mids right, that offered instrumental sounds with palbability, that reproduced the fundamentals region with dynamic presence.

Each design approach has inherent difficulties it has to deal with. How many open baffle speakers do you know that offer as much dynamic drive and palpabilty, that really put meat on the sound's bone as convincingly as closed or ported speakers do? I am not aware of any. Better phase response in the higher frequency range might provide a superior soundstage, but that's about the last thing I listen for when I listen to music.

Dec 11, 2005 at 4:55 AM Post #289 of 289
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatko
Oh well, 4, in Chinese and Japanese, it is not a lucky number as it sounds like Death, so , they skip it ...
biggrin.gif

THey should of called it ATH-W67 then it so rocks.
rs1smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back