Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Discussion Thread
Sep 12, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #1,141 of 1,524
  Hello,

i consider to buy a Audio-Technica IM50 or IM70, but i'm unsure which one is better for me.
Of course i've cross-read / skimming this thread, but because me english skills are weak, i've didn't understoot a lot.

As first i tell you what kind of musik i wanna hear in this order.
Electronic musik, Metall (with "true" singing, not scream or growl), Rock, Classic, Pop.

Yes, i'm a treble and bass fan, but i won't miss the middles !
My last InEar was a Sure SE 215.
Well, the amount of the bass is ok, but the quality of the bass is bad. The resolution isn't good. It's not good possible to differentiate the variouse lines of the bass.
I mean, sub-bass, mid-bass and high-bass sounds like the bass was putting in a meatgrinder. The SE 215 has less hights and bad middles. A equalizer can't solve this problem.
The resolution of this InEar is bad. It sounds just muffled. I hope you understand what i mean. And with the Sure SE 215 it's not realy possible to lacote the instruments on the stage.

Summa: The new inEars should have a deep and punchig bass wtthout a meatgrinder feeling. Middles and hights must be good, too. I want hear clean voices of the singers and it should possible to lacote the instruments.

So, which of the both IM do you recommend for me?

Btw: I've read that the IM has 2 drivers / they are 2 way InEars. How they are polarized? One driver for bass, and the other for middles and hights?

Best regards

No, two drivers for all bass mid and treble. If you can spend a bit more I would suggest looking into CKR9. Otherwise I think IM70 would be enough for your needs 
wink.gif

Sep 12, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #1,142 of 1,524

Thx for the answer, but except of

Quote:
  The two drivers in those IEMs are synchronized, reproducing the same frequencies.

it's useless for me.

As i written already, my english skill are not good. Probably it's a horrerfor peoples with better english skills to read my text.
So why do you linked to another site of this thread?
Especially  the technical words i don't undestand. If you want suggest now  "use an translator-book", it do not change anything on my language deficit.
As you may be know especially in the english language one word have dozens of meanings.
If i am able to understand all, i would not have suscribe me here and ask for help for my dicision which i should buy.

Editing: I have slow written. Ozkan have answer in the meanwhile too. Also thx to you.
CKR9? Huh, i think there is no need to search for reviews. They are to much expensive for me. 100 Euros includes shipping-costs is the absolute pain-boder for me.
Furthermore the CKR9 have a deficite for me. The cables looks very thin. I want a InEar with fat cables like example the Sure SE215. With thin cables i always have bad luck althought i handle they with care. :frowning2: And i hate microphony.
I mean, if you touch the cable and can hear it. That sucks.
That is one of the reasons why i have think, the im50 or 70 is good for me and because the cable must wear over/behind the ears. But i am always open for other suggenstions. it don't must bethe Im 50 or 70. :wink:

Btw:  ozkan, some sites ago, you have written you removed the filters and now it sounds better. What means "filters" in this context?

Sep 12, 2015 at 4:02 PM Post #1,143 of 1,524
   it's useless for me.

As i written already, my english skill are not good. So why do you linked to another site of this thread?
Especially  the technical words i don't undestand. If you want suggest now  "use an translator-book", it do not change anything on my language deficit.
As you may be know especially in the english language one word have dozens of meanings.
If i am able to understand all, i would not have suscribe me here and ask for help for my dicision which i should buy.

There is no crossover. 2 drivers both do bass, middle and high.

Sep 13, 2015 at 5:17 AM Post #1,145 of 1,524
the different is obvious on both earphones, im50 seem to be flatter, but I'm going slightly warmer sound on the im70, I choose im70 even though the "only red" option is kinda suck

It's strange that I've always thought IM50 is being warmer than IM70 because of the mid-bass hump and IM70 sounded more balanced and flatter to my ears. Once again we all hear differently. Btw they look better than in the pictures and I really love their red colour. 

Sep 13, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #1,146 of 1,524

It's strange that I've always thought IM50 is being warmer than IM70 because of the mid-bass hump and IM70 sounded more balanced and flatter to my ears. Once again we all hear differently. Btw they look better than in the pictures and I really love their red colour. 

Yeah, I agree with you. The IM70 is definitely the more balanced, less colored IEM of the 2. The IM50 is warmer, has a bigger mid-bass hump, and is less prominent in the higher frequencies.

Sep 13, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #1,147 of 1,524
Originally Posted by Odalis /img/forum/go_quote.gif

it's useless for me.

As i written already, my english skill are not good. Probably it's a horrerfor peoples with better english skills to read my text.
So why do you linked to another site of this thread?

The 2 drivers in IM50/70 is of playing same frequencies.

Sep 13, 2015 at 1:28 PM Post #1,148 of 1,524
Pity that the drivers of the Im50 and 70 are not crossover. Then i ask me, why the manufacturer have implemented to drivers. In opinion there is no sence.
What is the advantage of 2 drivers in this case? Just more volume (decibel)?

What mean "is more flat"?  Not so much (i think it's called) v shaped?
For me is importent that the new Inear should sounds generelly not so extrem muffled than the Se215 does.
The Se215 sounds for me like i have cotton-wool in my ears. :-/ I want a more "clear" sound.

@ozkan: Perhaps you don't saw my edit. I've asked: Which filters you have removed to get a better sound?
The mesh behind the rubber tips?

Sep 13, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #1,149 of 1,524
  Pity that the drivers of the Im50 and 70 are not crossover. Then i ask me, why the manufacturer have implemented to drivers. In opinion there is no sence.
What is the advantage of 2 drivers in this case? Just more volume (decibel)?

It's a push-push design where both driver face the same direction which is supposed to improve bass extension and decrease distortion.

Sep 14, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #1,151 of 1,524
Thx for the explanation.
Well, it seems nobody can help me to decide which could be the best for me. I will try my luck in anothe forum.
Thx for..whatever.
Haha! Seriously? Do you let random people order for you at a restaurant too? Nobody here can tell you what you like.

Sep 15, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #1,152 of 1,524
  Thx for the explanation.
Well, it seems nobody can help me to decide which could be the best for me. I will try my luck in anothe forum.
Thx for..whatever.

Huh? Only you can decide what is best for you. All we can do is advise.

In any case, one of us has already offered you an alternative, but you decided it was not to your liking?

Anyway, I hope you do decide to stay - we're a fun and helpful bunch, and this is speaking from experience. You just probably have to ask the right questions?

Good luck!

Sep 25, 2015 at 2:55 AM Post #1,155 of 1,524
Quick question: what's the point of having dual dynamics if they both reproduce the same frequencies?

In order to reproduce sound with minimal distortion 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back