Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Discussion Thread
Feb 4, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #46 of 1,524
  Interesting - but does it still have that full, meaty sound? I rather like that.

Yes, it still has. I am sure you will like it.
wink.gif

Feb 4, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #48 of 1,524
  Interesting - but does it still have that full, meaty sound? I rather like that.

Yes, it still has. I am sure you will like it more.
wink.gif

Feb 5, 2014 at 3:00 AM Post #49 of 1,524
  Maybe I'll try it - hard to reverse, though. And there's nothing to prevent earwax from entering the nozzle.

No, it is reversible. Just a piece of cake. You should try it. I looked inside the nozzle with a flashlight yesterday and I couldn't see the driver. The nozzle is angled as you can see and the driver is placed somewhere near the nozzle I guess.

Feb 7, 2014 at 4:47 AM Post #50 of 1,524
I know it will be an unpopular opinion, but I liked more my 6 year old CX-300 (unfortunately only the left side works) than my current IM-50  (plus, the CX-300 are lighter and more comfortable)
frown.gif

Both listning in a Cowon D2 and a Nexus S (with Voodoo Sound).

Feb 7, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #51 of 1,524
  I know it will be an unpopular opinion, but I liked more my 6 year old CX-300 (unfortunately only the left side works) than my current IM-50  (plus, the CX-300 are lighter and more comfortable)
frown.gif

Hehe but at least the IM-50 has both sides working
wink_face.gif
tongue_smile.gif

Symphonium Audio Proudly Designed and Manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Symphonium Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/symphoniumaudio https://twitter.com/SymphoniumAudio https://www.instagram.com/symphoniumaudio/ https://www.symphoniumaudio.com/ info@symphoniumaudio.com
Feb 9, 2014 at 1:55 AM Post #52 of 1,524
frown.gif

Lol
etysmile.gif
. Nothing wrong with liking a different earphone.

Maybe you could explain why you prefer the CX-300?

Feb 9, 2014 at 8:43 AM Post #53 of 1,524

Lol
etysmile.gif
. Nothing wrong with liking a different earphone.

Maybe you could explain why you prefer the CX-300?

I am not and audiophile (or trying to be one) , so when I compared both (one IEM in each ear) I preferred the way the music sounded in the CX-300.
For example, I was listing Daft Punk - Discovery album, and immediately noticed that the IM50 had a higher treble and lower bass than than the CX-300, and they need more EQ for my sound tastes.

But now I have no alternative (and wont have so soon,importing the IM-50 was 70€) , so I will listen my music with the IM-50's , maybe with time I will like them more,

Feb 9, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #55 of 1,524
There is only one black IM50 left on cdjapan.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=NEOACS-27944

Feb 9, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #56 of 1,524

I am not and audiophile (or trying to be one) , so when I compared both (one IEM in each ear) I preferred the way the music sounded in the CX-300.
For example, I was listing Daft Punk - Discovery album, and immediately noticed that the IM50 had a higher treble and lower bass than than the CX-300, and they need more EQ for my sound tastes.

But now I have no alternative (and wont have so soon,importing the IM-50 was 70€) , so I will listen my music with the IM-50's , maybe with time I will like them more,

Did you switched headhones later, because each ear perceives sound differently from the other.

I tested the IM50 and the IM70, and still liked the 70 more. They're not that much different though, it might have 60 or 70% of the IM70 sound, and it's not that the IM50 isn't good, i still enjoy it very much, but it sounds a little dirtier (more congested would be better), though it does reach a little higher than the IM70. At least for now, i'm sticking with the IM70. All this i did it with my DX50 and my laptop with Wasapi + Foobar2000.

Feb 9, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #58 of 1,524

Did you switched headhones later, because each ear perceives sound differently from the other.

I tested the IM50 and the IM70, and still liked the 70 more. They're not that much different though, it might have 60 or 70% of the IM70 sound, and it's not that the IM50 isn't good, i still enjoy it very much, but it sounds a little dirtier (more congested would be better), though it does reach a little higher than the IM70. At least for now, i'm sticking with the IM70. All this i did it with my DX50 and my laptop with Wasapi + Foobar2000.

Yes, I did it just to make sure.

It would be strange if the IM50 was better than the IM70, there is a reason why the IM70 are more expensive :wink: !

Also, does anyone recommended other ear-tips ?

Feb 9, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #59 of 1,524

Yes, I did it just to make sure.

It would be strange if the IM50 was better than the IM70, there is a reason why the IM70 are more expensive :wink: !

Also, does anyone recommended other ear-tips ?

It wouldn't be a first for Audio Technica to make a cheaper headphone better than an expensive one though (same series, the IM02 is miles better than the IM04 IMO, but that's subjective, considering the price and the SQ). Though, i went to a meet yesterday and the opinions were different, considering there were people that chose the 50 over the 70. 

You might want to try either the complys that come with the headphones, or go with a Sony Hybrid. I'm stuck with the stock tips for now, and might start using the Complys (i might go for the Tx-500 or the Tsx-500 instead of the T500).

Feb 9, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #60 of 1,524
I like my IM50s with RE0's big silicone tips. It is far better than the stock ones.
wink.gif
 Btw, I took off the filters and enjoying them more now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back