Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Discussion Thread
Dec 18, 2014 at 9:29 AM Post #781 of 1,524
Seems like my IM70 just took a dump
mad.gif
 The left side is significantly weaker than the right side. I put the left side in my right ear (and vice versa) to make sure it wasn't just me, and also connected them to two different devices and switched ears again, no luck... 

Jan 3, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #786 of 1,524
I got the IM50 like two weeks ago, I do like them but it is normal to hear horrible silibances on this earphones? specially on the left side.
At a low or medium volume I can't hear any, but every time I put them at their maximum volume horrible silibances start to sound on the left earphone, other earphones of the same price (like the sony XBA-1 didn't had this problem, tried switching channels, testing on different sources, different vibrates but no, there's always a silibance at maximum volume on the left side.

Jan 3, 2015 at 4:24 PM Post #787 of 1,524
I got the IM50 like two weeks ago, I do like them but it is normal to hear horrible silibances on this earphones? specially on the left side.
At a low or medium volume I can't hear any, but every time I put them at their maximum volume horrible silibances start to sound on the left earphone, other earphones of the same price (like the sony XBA-1 didn't had this problem, tried switching channels, testing on different sources, different vibrates but no, there's always a silibance at maximum volume on the left side.
I've had mine since October and they are quite neutral in terms of treble. Pairing it with fiio e-17 they truly shine. If you have any means to an eq. You should give that a try.

Jan 3, 2015 at 4:55 PM Post #789 of 1,524
Just tried and, well... the eq just made the silibances even worse.
Seems like my pair came ****ed up, thanks anyways, I guess.
If you feel you have a bad pair you should return them. The im50's are a fine pair of iems. That's a good bit of money also.

Jan 3, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #790 of 1,524

You should never listen at max volume. That's probably what the problem is. What's your source?

Jan 3, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #792 of 1,524
If you feel you have a bad pair you should return them. The im50's are a fine pair of iems. That's a good bit of money also.

They do sound fine, the problem comes when I turn them to their maximum volume, I'll give them a point, they do sound pretty much two or three times more louder than any other of my iems, so maaaybe that could be the cause of the silibances?, maybe.

You should never listen at max volume. That's probably what the problem is. What's your source?

I know, I actually never do, but I had to try.
My sources?, well, the silibances appears only on two of my devices, my notebook and my ipad (air), they sound right in other sources, or at least I haven't noticed so many silibances.

If you guys wanna do a try, try with this song

I know youtube quality is **** but pay attention to the girl voice, and if you guys wanna go forward and be sure, download the song on 320, V0 or flac, the silibances, at least for me, are still there.

Jan 3, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #793 of 1,524
They do sound fine, the problem comes when I turn them to their maximum volume, I'll give them a point, they do sound pretty much two or three times more louder than any other of my iems, so maaaybe that could be the cause of the silibances?, maybe.
I know, I actually never do, but I had to try.
My sources?, well, the silibances appears only on two of my devices, my notebook and my ipad (air), they sound right in other sources, or at least I haven't noticed so many silibances.

If you guys wanna do a try, try with this song

I know youtube quality is **** but pay attention to the girl voice, and if you guys wanna go forward and be sure, download the song on 320, V0 or flac, the silibances, at least for me, are still there.

I don't know what your goal is with this (if there's any) but a good way to destroy your IEM's is to play them at higher level than what's good for them especially with weak sources that might introduce clipping at higher volume, especially with poor material that also can introduce artifacts........

Also that song is famous (notorious) for introducing sibilance/distortion.

Also if you take a pair of scissors and cut the cables you'll get no sound, is that the IEM's being faulty?

Jan 3, 2015 at 8:05 PM Post #794 of 1,524
I don't know what your goal is with this (if there's any) but a good way to destroy your IEM's is to play them at higher level than what's good for them especially with weak sources that might introduce clipping at higher volume, especially with poor material that also can introduce artifacts........

Also that song is famous (notorious) for introducing sibilance/distortion.

Also if you take a pair of scissors and cut the cables you'll get no sound, is that the IEM's being faulty?

Holy snap, now you went in a full damage control mode.
Never said the earphones were broken, I never said they were bad or anything, I'm really enjoying them. I was just merely commenting that I found some silibances on them.
I wasn't pretending to do or point anything, there wasn't a point at all, I was just asking if it was normal or not, if it was just mine or everybody too.

Jan 3, 2015 at 8:10 PM Post #795 of 1,524
Holy snap, now you went in a full damage control mode.
Never said the earphones were broken, I never said they were bad or anything, I'm really enjoying them. I was just merely commenting that I found some silibances on them.
I wasn't pretending to do or point anything, there wasn't a point at all, I was just asking if it was normal or not, if it was just mine or everybody too.

Well for some reason I got the impression that you were complaining about "horrible sibliancess on this earphones", silly me.

Enjoy them while they last...............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back