Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Discussion Thread
Nov 16, 2014 at 3:26 AM Post #571 of 1,524

Good luck with the operation! 
biggrin.gif

One of the driver is working I think. It seems bass driver doesn't work or bass is missing. He said he can fix if it is partly working. Thank you.
wink.gif
 I really can not enjoy my life without IM50s as I don't have any other good IEMs. All sold. 
frown.gif

I can't listen to Pistons after IM50 so it stays in my drawer. 

Nov 16, 2014 at 4:46 AM Post #572 of 1,524
One of the driver is working I think. It seems bass driver doesn't work or bass is missing. He said he can fix if it is partly working. Thank you. :wink:  I really can not enjoy my life without IM50s as I don't have any other good IEMs. All sold. :frowning2:

Do you not have a warranty on them?

Nov 16, 2014 at 9:13 AM Post #574 of 1,524

One of the driver is working I think. It seems bass driver doesn't work or bass is missing. He said he can fix if it is partly working. Thank you.
wink.gif
 I really can not enjoy my life without IM50s as I don't have any other good IEMs. All sold. 
frown.gif

Well, I hope you can get your IM50s alive and working soon. At the least, you've already earmarked a potential replacement in the IM70s. I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed with them. 
smile.gif

Nov 16, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #576 of 1,524

Unfortunately, the IM50s were broken when he attempted to mod them
frown.gif

Yeah, it was broken when I tried to mod them for the sake of head-fi community to get the best of it guys. I was so excited when I had another idea on how to take its sound to another level. 
biggrin.gif
 Ended up breaking. To be continued...

Nov 16, 2014 at 12:47 PM Post #577 of 1,524

when I tried to mod them for the sake of head-fi community to get the best of it guys. I was so excited when I had another idea on how to take its sound to another level. 
biggrin.gif
 Ended up breaking. 

sacrificed for good 
devil_face.gif

Nov 20, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #581 of 1,524
Okay, I'm on the verge of either getting an ATH IM70 or GR07 CE. While I really would like to and have the budget to get both, I really rather not since I'm a one IEM kind of person. Any advice?

Nov 20, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #582 of 1,524
  Okay, I'm on the verge of either getting an ATH IM70 or GR07 CE. While I really would like to and have the budget to get both, I really rather not since I'm a one IEM kind of person. Any advice?

I do think that Audio Technica products are generally more durable, so you might factor that into your decision, especially if you're going to purchase only one IEM. I've read too many stories of the GR07 breaking after a year of use. 

Nov 20, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #583 of 1,524
  I do think that Audio Technica products are generally more durable, so you might factor that into your decision, especially if you're going to purchase only one IEM. I've read too many stories of the GR07 breaking after a year of use. 

Yeah it's kinda more or less down to GR07 CE for aesthetic and adjustable nozzle or ATH IM70 with detachable cord and a somewhat better reputation.

Both more or less seems well received as far as sound is concerned according to the community here. So It's rather hard to make a decision.

Nov 20, 2014 at 10:42 PM Post #584 of 1,524
  Yeah it's kinda more or less down to GR07 CE for aesthetic and adjustable nozzle or ATH IM70 with detachable cord and a somewhat better reputation.

Both more or less seems well received as far as sound is concerned according to the community here. So It's rather hard to make a decision.

Depends on your preferred sound signature. IM70 is more bassy and mid forward, while the GR07 is more neutral with a more exciting treble. IM70 has a more 3D presentation and natural sound, while GR07 is more 2D, but has great layering and texture. Both are great all arounders, but for me, I think the ATH wins out for durability, naturalness, and soundstage/image. I sold my GR07 in favor or the IM70, FWIW, but that doesn't mean that's right for you. What kinds of music do you listen to most often? 

Nov 20, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #585 of 1,524

Depends on your preferred sound signature. IM70 is more bassy and mid forward, while the GR07 is more neutral with a more exciting treble. IM70 has a more 3D presentation and natural sound, while GR07 is more 2D, but has great layering and texture. Both are great all arounders, but for me, I think the ATH wins out for durability, naturalness, and soundstage/image. I sold my GR07 in favor or the IM70, FWIW, but that doesn't mean that's right for you. What kinds of music do you listen to most often? 

Almost everything really it depends on my mood. Though of late I've been listening to a lot more of, Rock, Electronic or metal etc. occasional Classical and Jazz though OST of film or games are a big constant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back