Audio Technica CKS70 vs V-Moda bass freq
Jul 28, 2009 at 8:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

Jabse

100+ Head-Fier
i currently own a v-moda bass freq and with a good equalizer, its just nowhere near as good as real bass i.e ones from my ampd beyer dt770-80pro or subwoofer, it sounds too limited with frequencies, soundstage, definition and bass extension.... if these are my views for the bass from the v-moda bass freq how does the CKS70 compare? i'd only buy it if its a dramatic improvement overall base wise... if its not then earphones are not for me. anyone by anychance compared a good bass earphone to v-moda bass freq and found that it was easily defeated?

Jul 28, 2009 at 1:39 PM Post #2 of 24
You're not going to have much luck asking about the CKS70 at this point. They're still pretty new, and to the best of my knowledge, there's only one other member beside myself here who has them so far. If it makes you feel any better, I use a pair of Denon D5000 as my main headphones and I'm pretty content to use the CKS70 when I'm out and about. Make of that what you will.

Aug 9, 2009 at 6:33 AM Post #3 of 24
I owned the V-Moda bass freq and these the Philips SHE9500 is slightly better with stock tips and all my other IEMs far surpass the V-Moda. For $50, the NE-7M is a huge improvement, but for double that price the C710 is the NFL and the bass freq is pop warner.

Dec 11, 2009 at 3:10 AM Post #4 of 24
The CKS70 is ridiculously good in my opinion. Does everything right. Can't believe how little these cost. Very non-fatiguing treble compared to the C710 and it is only bested by the Victor FX500 when playing acoustic music. (the FX500 rules the roost in this area) Although some think the FX500's top end can be harsh (I don't agree, its an amp/iem thing) the CKS70 is extended without ever being harsh. Till I audition my Mingo (tomorrow) and Cyclone PR2 (in a few days), I am liking the CKS70 as my present favorite.

Dec 11, 2009 at 3:18 AM Post #5 of 24
X2 on the CKS70. I also have a pair, bought used (after I ordered a new one) and with 300 hours of burn-in, they are spectacular for the price. Not a hint of harshness, fantastic soundstage and bass. I love them too. Oh, and they are very comfy.

Dec 11, 2009 at 5:11 AM Post #7 of 24
I can't really compare these to the V-Moda but they are the nicest IEM's I have owned and are priced very reasonably.

Dec 11, 2009 at 5:16 AM Post #8 of 24
What seller/dealer did you guys use?

My ER6is just crapped out on me and I need some new IEMs.

Dec 11, 2009 at 5:18 AM Post #9 of 24
For the CKS70? I have a new pair for sale (in the FS Forum), came today NIB. I bought them for $84, selling for $80 shipped if you want them. PM me. I bought them and in the meantime, I bought a used pair on HF. I have them in right now but these are a far cry from the er6i, believe me. Much better, I think. I owned the Etys once. Oh, and a great match with the Zune.

Dec 11, 2009 at 8:05 PM Post #11 of 24
yall are making these sound liike a great phone... i am not really liking my bass freqs

Dec 12, 2009 at 5:00 AM Post #12 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought I ordered them at the same time, yet no packages. My tracking still shows the package accepted in Hong Kong on the 3rd of December.

The wait is killing me.

Who did you order from?

Dec 12, 2009 at 5:20 AM Post #13 of 24
wow I had great success with accessoryjack.com recieving my stuff from them in less than 10 business days. I am starting to think that they have an easier time with Canada customs versus US customs, either that or the time of the year is starting to tax the customs offices (pun intended LOL) as I am still waiting for a pair of HD600 I bought from someone Stateside last week and someone from the US is still waiting for the headphones I sold and shipped a week ago as well.

Dec 12, 2009 at 5:25 AM Post #14 of 24
Are there any online storefronts that sell these things in the US as of now?

Dec 12, 2009 at 7:23 AM Post #15 of 24
@Skoobs: Ditch the V-Moda and get these!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woody469 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who did you order from?

I ordered them from accessoryjack.com, and they came today. They do sound very good out of the box and are very comfortable. I am looking forward to the smoothed out mids and treble after burn in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back