Audio Technica CKS70 vs V-Moda bass freq
Dec 15, 2009 at 4:33 AM Post #17 of 24
I've had the vmoda bass freqs for a while now and I regret getting them. They sound really muddy.

Dec 15, 2009 at 4:46 AM Post #18 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by RockinCannoisseur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why all the cks70 praise?

For me, I just really like the sound signature. They are warm sounding, have huge bass without just being boomy and a great sound stage. The only area I wish they were ever so slightly better in is treble and only slightly as I love the fact I can wear these for hours without any ear fatigue.

They are not for everyone and they are not the best headphones ever, but what they are good at, they are really good at in my opinion.

Dec 15, 2009 at 4:57 AM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by RockinCannoisseur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why all the cks70 praise?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dweaver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For me, I just really like the sound signature. They are warm sounding, have huge bass without just being boomy and a great sound stage. The only area I wish they were ever so slightly better in is treble and only slightly as I love the fact I can wear these for hours without any ear fatigue.

They are not for everyone and they are not the best headphones ever, but what they are good at, they are really good at in my opinion.

I 2nd most of that...warm with huge bass that is not boomy and a very wide soundstage. However, comparing them with some of my others, I don't prefer the sound signature. Out of the box they did sound quite good, but when critical listening, they do have some weaknesses.

I know some of my other IEMs took quite a while to smooth out, and for the IE8 for example, the treble took 210 hours to really come out. So I want to give these some more time, but so far, even for trance, they aren't my favorite.

Not that I don't like them; I do think they sound good. And when not comparing to another in my collection, I focus less on the lack of treble. But ultimately the lack of treble is the biggest killer. And dweaver is right, what they are good at (bass) they are really good at!

Dec 15, 2009 at 5:29 AM Post #20 of 24
Tnx average joe;

As I said in my appreciation thread, for the dollar amount they are great but they will never be better than the bigs dogs in the IEM universe like your IE8, Westone's, and UE11. BUt I don't think you can probably get closer to the IE8 for bass, warmth, and soundstage than these puppies.

I am possibly going to be trading my AD900 (assuming I like the HD600 I have coming in more) for a pair of TF10 or Westone 2, so will be able to finally see what the BA sound is all about.

Dec 15, 2009 at 5:45 AM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by dweaver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tnx average joe;

As I said in my appreciation thread, for the dollar amount they are great but they will never be better than the bigs dogs in the IEM universe like your IE8, Westone's, and UE11. BUt I don't think you can probably get closer to the IE8 for bass, warmth, and soundstage than these puppies.

I am possibly going to be trading my AD900 (assuming I like the HD600 I have coming in more) for a pair of TF10 or Westone 2, so will be able to finally see what the BA sound is all about.

Just have to say this, for less than $100, the WM2 is the closest thing I have heard to the IE8 from an overall perspective.

Back to the thread title...these things are light years ahead of the Bass Freq. The bass on these is so much better it isn't even funny!

Dec 15, 2009 at 7:49 AM Post #22 of 24
Wow, just to make sure , are you refering to the Westone 2? If so I didn't realize I could one for that price range? I am thinking about trying a BA if I sell my AD900 and at that price I might do it. Do you mind my asking which online location I can go to or are your talking about used the the FS forum?

Dec 15, 2009 at 2:46 PM Post #24 of 24
OK I'll start to research those
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back