Audio-Technica CK10 Appreciation Thread
May 28, 2011 at 1:42 AM Post #46 of 50
Finally, an official CK10 Appreciation Thread!!

The CK10 deserves a grammy, an oscar, a J.D. Power award, and a standing ovation!!!

Its the ultimate in ear monitor....IMHFO

Sounds better than my FX700 too..

I have an awesome setup i guess...
iPhone Headphone out>Mogami 2552 Interconnect>iBasso T3>CK10

Note: One day i decided to clean the CK10 with the earwax cleaner and i accidentally pushed the foam/filter inside...to the point where i couldnt see it though the hole...so after a day of the L and R sounding different..i said what the heck, and decided to push the foam on the other earpiece in.... and it was probably the best idea i've ever had....

It sounds incredible now...

The bass is up there with Dynamic IEMs
The treble and midrange sound sparkly, smooth and rich.

Today, while I was in the field, with the CK10s in, I thought to myself...I don't think it gets any better than this!

May 28, 2011 at 5:51 AM Post #47 of 50
can u still extract the foam?

Jun 29, 2011 at 2:50 AM Post #48 of 50
orry about the late reply happybuns.
But to answer your question..
I can't even see the foam.
But if i had a tool to take it out, how would the CK10 sound?
Just curious, not planning on doing that ever.
Its seriously at an OMGWTFimfloatingonclouds level currently.

Aug 4, 2011 at 9:05 AM Post #49 of 50

Quote:
Eh? I've been happy with my CK10's for the past 6 months, and I have even gone on to remold them too. I've merely made this thread to share the love, and let people post their opinions as well

Can I buy the empty CK10 shells from you?  I'm trying to learn to repair CK10's and I want to figure out how to elegantly work small jacks into their strain reliefs, so we can have replaceable cables on these, since nobody knows when Audio Technica stops supporting these...   not to mention that $210 for re-cabling from Audio Technica is a bit expensive with them selling at $300.

ty :)

Aug 4, 2011 at 9:10 AM Post #50 of 50

Quote:
can u still extract the foam?

Short of poking around the inside with a bent needle, which seems too risky, I think he'd have to pop the top to get it out...
And you should never pop the top without dire need, cause you never know if you end up with a rattle, necessitating further unwanted surgery

Users who are viewing this thread

Back