Audio-Technica CK10 Appreciation Thread
Apr 1, 2010 at 12:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 50

Thrashingshrimp

100+ Head-Fier
Upon navigating the Head-Fi forums today, I realized something:

There isn't a CK10 Appreciation Thread!

Now, some people believe these threads aren't worth the forum space, but I have to give my lovely CK10's some sort of love, don't I? I think this thread will be useful in consolidating opinions and impressions instead of random ramblings from other threads.

Similar/Useful Threads:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/a...h-ck10-467576/

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/c...-ck100-478666/

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/i...-120-a-456795/

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/c...o-gold-473075/

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/f...0-ck10-449490/

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/c...arning-465776/

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/c...-ck100-480346/ (Thanks AwakenedBeing!)

From the efficient and lovely bass, the sweet mid range, and the energetic treble, I believe the CK10 has what it takes to be a top contender for best universal IEM. Now who's with me?

(Tell me if I missed any. Thanks!)

Apr 1, 2010 at 2:02 AM Post #2 of 50
I too have been aware for a while that there was no CK10 appreciation thread. Perhaps one of the reasons, I think, is that if you look at the posting habits of those who own or have owned several of the top ranked IEMs and rank the CK10 at or next to the top are not prone to hyperbole in their comments or opinions rather they are measuredly confident in their views.

I'll probably get flamed for saying this but I think many but not all of the appreciation threads are started and contributed to by those who have doubts about the money they spent and are looking for positive reinforcement from others. (I am in no way suggesting you started this one for this reason as I have read enough of your posts to know you are also not prone to hyperbole)

Although I am completely satisfied with the my CK10 and would not trade them for any of the other top IEM I have heard, I kinda liked the fact there was no CK10 appreciation thread.

just my 2 cents

Apr 1, 2010 at 2:13 AM Post #3 of 50
what was wrong with the normal ck10 thread we all post in?

Apr 1, 2010 at 2:14 AM Post #4 of 50
I'm fairly content with the earphones that I own. I love the CK10 and in the next couple weeks I'll be able to judge the e-Q7 properly. I just don't believe that any future "high end" universal iem will be so superior to the CK10 that it just destroys it in every single way. My next step will be either headphones or customs. I'm going to buy a set of headphones tomorrow just to see if I'm going to go in that step and get a headphone setup or save up for customs.

Quote:

I too have been aware for a while that there was no CK10 appreciation thread. Perhaps one of the reasons, I think, is that if you look at the posting habits of those who own or have owned several of the top ranked IEMs and rank the CK10 at or next to the top are not prone to hyperbole in their comments or opinions rather they are measuredly confident in their views.

What the heck does that mean?

Apr 1, 2010 at 2:18 AM Post #5 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What the heck does that mean?

i think it means people who own the ck10 aren't overly ecstatic about it. instead, they're measured in their response while still ranking the ck10 among the best. and he also makes the point that appreciation threads are positive reinforcement threads that people use to justify their purchase. so the lack of a ck10 thread means that those of us who have them are completely confident in their purchase and have no need to band together.

Apr 1, 2010 at 2:20 AM Post #6 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by germanturkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think it means people who own the ck10 aren't overly ecstatic about it. instead, they're measured in their response while still ranking the ck10 among the best. and he also makes the point that appreciation threads are positive reinforcement threads that people use to justify their purchase. so the lack of a ck10 thread means that those of us who have them are completely confident in their purchase and have no need to band together.

Thanks! Couldn't have said it better myself.
beerchug.gif

Apr 1, 2010 at 2:38 AM Post #7 of 50
Eh? I've been happy with my CK10's for the past 6 months, and I have even gone on to remold them too. I've merely made this thread to share the love, and let people post their opinions as well.

Apr 1, 2010 at 3:47 AM Post #8 of 50
I bought mine in 2008 and sold them. The last part was a mistake I intend never to repeat. I sold them because in Canada, it was hard to get ear pieces which didn't hurt my ears. Stock tips are horrid, but foams of various sorts (high and low densities) are great. I expect the Monster Supertips to be great with them.

They remain to date, my favourite universal IEM.

Apr 1, 2010 at 4:02 AM Post #9 of 50
The CK10 thread by AudioDwebe was great in my opinion since you can find a lot of information and impressions from members that are still here and aren't. I have been following that thread ever since it was created, so there isn't much reading for me to do. Maybe this thread can make it easier to find more information. Anyways, you missed one
wink.gif
: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/c...-ck100-480346/

Check my 2nd post as I have compiled a list of other member's reviews/impressions/discussion. Add any or all if you want.

Apr 1, 2010 at 12:05 PM Post #10 of 50
Quote:

I'm fairly content with the earphones that I own. I love the CK10 and in the next couple weeks I'll be able to judge the e-Q7 properly. I just don't believe that any future "high end" universal iem will be so superior to the CK10 that it just destroys it in every single way. My next step will be either headphones or customs. I'm going to buy a set of headphones tomorrow just to see if I'm going to go in that step and get a headphone setup or save up for customs.

Pretty much what I thought too
wink_face.gif

I bought a pair of A900Ti last week (Audio Technica full-sized headphones, discontinued), and in my opinion, CK10 better them in terms of imaging, instrument separation, and overall details. My next step is definitely a custom.

Apr 1, 2010 at 12:47 PM Post #11 of 50
that's similar to my next step :p I was going to buy an AD900 for 200ish but I found a great deal for an AD700 in a local pickup that I couldn't pass up and should be a good judge if I want to go to headphones or not and probably end up with AD900 if I really like it lol

Apr 2, 2010 at 8:09 AM Post #12 of 50
Quote:

that's similar to my next step :p I was going to buy an AD900 for 200ish but I found a great deal for an AD700 in a local pickup that I couldn't pass up and should be a good judge if I want to go to headphones or not and probably end up with AD900 if I really like it lol

Seems like we have realised the limit of universal IEMs aren't we
biggrin.gif

Keep us updated if you found any headphones to be as good or better than CK10
wink.gif

Apr 2, 2010 at 3:25 PM Post #13 of 50
I realized after not long after the CK10
smily_headphones1.gif
I got 3 earphones that should do well for its purposes. CK10 and e-Q7 for portable and PL30 as my backup pair.

I'm really liking the AD700 so far. If I didn't get such a good deal I definitely would have gotten the AD900 but local pickup is better than ordering online. I haven't compared with CK10 and don't plan to. Headphones just seem to offer a different experience than earphones esp considering the soundstage :p

Apr 2, 2010 at 4:22 PM Post #14 of 50
^ That's because AD700 is said to be having the widest soundstage out there
tongue.gif

Audio Technica released CK10 in 2007 and CK100 in 2008, wonder what is going to come out next.

Apr 2, 2010 at 4:37 PM Post #15 of 50
well I hear AD900 has bigger :p To answer your question isnt it obvious? CK10 then CK100..its obvious that CK1000 is next!

well back on the CK10..I've been using the soundmagic biflanges and kinda like them so far. the nozzle size fits and its pretty comfortable(easily more comfortable than triple flanges by shure) so i might look into using that for now
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back