Audio Technica ATH-WS1100 Solid Bass Headphone first impressions from an amateur
Feb 29, 2016 at 9:17 PM Post #33 of 84
I have sell my MDR-1A to get this ws1100 and I'm happy about it.

WS1100 have wider soundstage and higher detail than MDR-1A. Though the amount of bass is difference. If you like a lot of bass then go for MDR-1A but if you like to have a good amount of bass while also have a high detail in music then go for WS1100.

Mar 11, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #37 of 84
a cord can really alter sound?  impressively so or just a little bit? 

I personally didn't find the treble as strong as the m50x but maybe because it's a warmer headphone, I didn't notice it as much.  A good headphone, now if only if more headphones used those earpads.  They are really nice. 

Mar 12, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #38 of 84
  a cord can really alter sound?  impressively so or just a little bit? 

I personally didn't find the treble as strong as the m50x but maybe because it's a warmer headphone, I didn't notice it as much.  A good headphone, now if only if more headphones used those earpads.  They are really nice. 

Let say it's able to notice.

Mar 17, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #44 of 84
Are these actually so open that they can't be used outdoors (not in subway)? Guess these would pair well with a bit bright and analytical iBasso DX50.

Mar 17, 2016 at 7:50 PM Post #45 of 84
Are these actually so open that they can't be used outdoors (not in subway)? Guess these would pair well with a bit bright and analytical iBasso DX50.

I'd say that they can be used portably if you really want to (I have done it), but it's not ideal. There is enough sound leakage that a noisy train or subway is annoying. An average coffee shop is totally fine, I use them at coffee shops all the time. The fact that they don't fold (the ear cups just swivel flat) means they take a lot of space in your bag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back