Audio Technica ATH W3000ANV legit?
Feb 8, 2013 at 12:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Audioclyde

Head-Fier
Hi guys, I'm a long time lurker and seldom post and am once again hoping to borrow your expertise.  I'm fairly new to 'higher end' headphone setups, and have been using a pair of Audeze LCD-2's (rev 2) that I purchased new a year ago.  While I'm not dissatisfied with the LCD-2's, after lots of reading, I've decided I'd love to hear/try the W3000ANV, but of course these are hard to find.  Does anyone have any insight as to whether the ones listed on Ebay as 'new' are legit?  I've also read that these models are often faked; while I'm not close to pulling the trigger to purchase at the prices listed, I'm definitely interested in knowing if the ones being offered are authentic...

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Randy

Feb 8, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #2 of 13
Feb 8, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #3 of 13
I'd be more concerned with people gouging prices, since they're limited edition.  I think they would make a wonderful complement/contrast to the LCD2s, if you end up liking the sound.  They are very different and offer things the other phone cannot.  

Feb 8, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #4 of 13
I wouldn't expect anyone to go to the trouble of faking these headphones, but for peace of mind I would just order from the verified sellers as mentioned above.

And these are my favourite headphones that I've heard so far, so in my opinion they are totally worth getting :)

Feb 9, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #5 of 13
Thanks all for your thoughts and links; most appreciated.  I really kind of want/need to go with a closed headphone at this point, and am very intrigued by the descriptions I've read of the W3000's sound. 

Randy

Oct 4, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #6 of 13
I wouldn't expect anyone to go to the trouble of faking these headphones, but for peace of mind I would just order from the verified sellers as mentioned above.

And these are my favourite headphones that I've heard so far, so in my opinion they are totally worth getting
smily_headphones1.gif

There are already fake W3000ANVs on the Asian markets. We can speculate how long it would take for them to start turning up on these shores.

Oct 4, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #7 of 13
Any 'new' w3000anv just requires caution, except from verified sellers. Imho pretty much all the 2000 units should have been allocated and sold by now. I will keep you in mind when I part ways with mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back