Audio Technica ATH-SR5BT: Discussion Thread
Apr 9, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #18 of 75
@Gregio, I can't help with Spotify, I don't use it.
I'll check the other ones as soon as possible.

@Xavv, they are close, at least for the gentle clamping force and soft pads.
They also weight the same (the XTZ 4 grams less).
I find that the ATH are a bit more comfortable in the headband. With the XTZ I feel the contact point of the head after a couple of hours or so, and I need to change their position slightly (it is anyway not a real discomfort).
It may depend from the fact that the clamping force of the ATH is a tad tighter so that they distribute theis weight better on the three contact points.
And maybe also because the ATH can swivel the pads up/down, which helps finding a better fit.
Anyway I have more hair now than when I have tested the XTZ, so this may also play a role.

I will test more in these days.

In my opinion, given the 60 days money back guarantee of XTZ, I would not hesitate one single second in buying both and comparing them.
Comparing by yourself is essential, I can only help you narrowing down the choice, but you cannot and should not avoid comparing, at least 2 models.
As said, at these levels of quality it is not anymore a matter of "which is the best" but a matter of which sounds better to you.
It may be even nuances at times, which make people prefer this or the other. Really a matter of tastes.
They are both wonderful headphones.

Apr 9, 2016 at 5:09 PM Post #20 of 75
You do not seem to be looking for a specific sound signature, or you ignore that the Crossfade Wireless are bassy and not so transparent, in few word very far from the kind of sound offered by SR5 and Divine.
If you do not know what you want, it will be difficult to give you suggestions. Maybe you should first try to figure out what are your requirements.
For that, I suggest you visiting my Huge Comparison Thread or the High End Bluetooth Headphones Thread of n00b2.
This thread should not become a place to suggest any headphone, it is dedicated to the SR5.

Apr 10, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #22 of 75
Xavv
You are not bothering me at all, I didn't mean it that way, you're welcome :)

I just wish to keep things as much clean as possible, because threads have the innate ability to derail veeeeeeeeeery easily.
It's better if threads stay on topic, so people can find the already answered questions.
Of course talking of the similarities and differences between the SR5 and other models is part of the subject.
But I had the impression that you did not know exactly which kind of sound you want, and this thread is meant for people who read the review and know how the SR5 sound, and want that kind of sound.

Now I understand your question better, you want THIS sound, and want to know if the Crossfeed can offer it too, because you like their look better.
Well, no. The Crossfeed are a much different headphone.
Not so "Bassy" like the boomy bassy headphones, but definitely a more aggressive, direct, and less balanced headphone.

If you are after a balanced sound, those two are probably the ones with the most balanced signature and the best Sound Quality at same time.
Strangely I did not find other well balanced On Ear among the High End models.
I am comparing the Mid Budget models (well, those two are actually Mid Budget, but sound High End).
There are a few quite balanced models. Not with this level of Sound Quality but still very good sounding, very nice offers which are surely worth checking.

Apr 11, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #23 of 75
Thanks for your support @Giogio you are really of a great help 
dt880smile.png

Apr 12, 2016 at 6:53 PM Post #26 of 75
In review is a point that there is no multipoint so i wouldnt expect that there is possibility to use phone/pc at the same time. Audio technica maybe dont support that technology because it isnt perfect and causes connection issues, dont know.

Giogio i have a question about pairing, does the headphones have some memory of last device? For example i will listen music from my lumia 930 but at evening i decide to look a movie (using mee connect bluetooth adapter), do i have to pair devices everytime i change bluetooth device?

Apr 17, 2016 at 8:41 PM Post #27 of 75
Yes, multipoint would be a nice featire indeed, and it is nowadays not anymore so problematic, IF you only use ONE pair of headphones.
If you like me have many adapters and many headphones, the Multipoint are a nightmare because they keep memory of the connected devices and try to connect to all those they find active, even when you want them connected to only one.

I agree it would be nice to have multipoint. But no, it is not supported. As said, it more a headphone for smartphones for on the go.

Gregio, yes of course they keep 8 Headphones in memory, that is quite well explained on their website :)
What I must yet check is if you need to re-pair after charging (charging does automatically reset the headphones).

Apr 19, 2016 at 12:25 AM Post #29 of 75
I'm still waiting a chance to try SR5 (and E40). Reputated local store have a video comparison with MSR7, he said SR5 just like MSR7, but still MSR7 more refine. I can trust him when reviewing audio-technica products

Users who are viewing this thread

Back