Audio Technica ATH-SR5BT: Discussion Thread
Apr 8, 2016 at 1:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 75

Giogio

Bluetooth Guru
Hello guys, I have just spent this night fulfilling my promise of launching the review of the SR5BT.

So. Before I inject caffeine in my veins to survive a day of work without sleep, I leave you this Discussion Thread.
You find my Review HERE.
These are really amazing balanced sounding headphones.

Enjoy and feel free to ask!

Apr 8, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #2 of 75
Amazing review :)
Im going to buy them but i need to wait few weeks because in Poland they arent available :frowning2:
I have one question, Is their battery really enough for 38hours? in CES was said that they work for 15 hours, and 38h was mentioned for Active Noise Cancelling version of MSR7 :wink:

Apr 8, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #3 of 75
Hi, yes, they are quite amazing, no matter how much I normally prefer to have a stronger bass, every time that I compare these with the other High End On Ear models which have more bass I am always amazed by how much cleaner and more transparent the SR5BT sound.
Well, of course it can also be that the other headphones sound less transparent because they boost the bass.
But for example the ATH-WS99BT also have a bit of bass boost, but are very transparent.
I think that, simply, the engineers at Audio Technica know how to make unveiled headphones.

About the battery, it's not possible for me to confirm it yet, I am in the mid of the super comparison and I really cannot test one headphone so long.
But I will later.
Anyway, I have spoken with their Product Manager and he specifically accentuated the 38 hours as a strong point of the SR5BT.
So I have no reasons to doubt of that.

Cheers

Apr 8, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #4 of 75
Thanks for the review Gregio!
I want to confirm that these are LIGHT (lighter than Momentum 2.0 or AKG Y50BT) because I want as portable as possible to wear in public and on trains without issue :)

Apr 8, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #5 of 75
Did you just call me Gregio?
deadhorse.gif

Here, pictures are worth more than thousand words:

Apr 8, 2016 at 5:29 PM Post #7 of 75
We have similar nicknames, sorry Giogio:frowning2:
Im shocked, how Audio Technica made that? Small with very light build, amazing drivers with sound quality and monster battery? Huge success in the air:)

Apr 9, 2016 at 5:26 AM Post #8 of 75
Hi @giogio i'm almost decided to by the SR5BT but that I know you will release your new massive comparaison I think I will wait. When do you expect to release it?

Apr 9, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #9 of 75
Well, I believe I should be able to finish the comparison next weekend, or the next one.
After that I should need a couple of weeks to write and redact it.

Anyway I have started from the On Ear, and having already tested all the High End models I can say that if you look for THIS kind of signature, balanced, a tad fresh, with neutral bass, and very transparent sound, the only alternative to the are the XTZ Headphone Divine (which I personally prefer, but that may be me).
All the others have some push here and there, a more or less boosted bass, and did not sound as transparent to me as these two.
You may consider buying both and comparing them yourself.

I miss to test the not High End models though.
I would be surprised to find among them something with a more balanced and transparent sound than these two, but, who knows.

I go back testing now.
Cheers

and, Gregio, nothing to be sorry about :)

Apr 9, 2016 at 9:10 AM Post #12 of 75
That's a very good and very tricky question.
Actually you read my mind, it must be due to that gio in our names which connects us.
If I can, one of the things I would like to do in my Comparison will be an emotional Comparison.

Anyway it is also quite a subjective things the way you asked it.
People get moved by different things and have fun with different music.
You should define "fun" and "pleasure" for you.
For example, generally for "fun headphone" or "fun signature" people mean a v-shaped headphone with an engaging dynamic energetic sound to be enjoyed with rock & Co without too many expectations on the highest possible Sound Quality.
And I myself would call "fun" some music which is very energetic and brings me to dance and shake my head. No bass, no fun.
And that's very different than "sitting on a chair listening with pleasure", which for me means that either you are immobilized and just can't move from your chair, or you are definitely not listening to what gives fun to me.

You may want to make me some example of music YOU like, music you have fun with, music you want to listen with pleasure on a chair...
Maybe some Youtube link, and I can tell you what about the SR5BT with that music.

Apr 9, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #14 of 75
I will tell few song of my favourite music genre:
1. Angel and Airwaves - "shove" and "surrender"
2. Enya - "Echoes in rain"
3. Ludovico Enaudi - "Una Matina"
4. Foo Fighters - "pretender"
5. Fall out Boy - "centuries"
6. Spotify top list:D
especially Kygo - here for u ft. Ella Henderson
Thats is shortcut of my playlist:) i would be appreciated if u can check that with SR5BT:)

Apr 9, 2016 at 10:40 AM Post #15 of 75
And which among them give you fun and which make you sit with pleasure?
I still don't get how you use those terms, i don't want to give you wrong answers.
I can do the test but not now.
Personalised test I can make them after the comparison, with the units I'll be allowed to keep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back