Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 Discussion Thread
Oct 12, 2015 at 12:20 AM Post #1,036 of 2,803
Thanks for your input. I am looking for more fun, more bassy headphones to use at times instead of my ATH-W3000ANV. Perhaps MSR7 would suit this need.

I can only say experience from the M50x demo headphones, but I feel the MSR7 wins in almost all ways except a slight bit of bass, maybe. I use the MSR7 to listen to EDM & some pop/rock songs and it's amazing as I can hear the detail of the guitar strums and all that while the singer is singing (for pop). As for EDM, I feel the MSR7 again is amazing with detail and allows you to hear all the sounds the artist(s) added in their songs and the balance with clarity and detail is just top notch. I feel the M50x just doesn't cut it in regards to that.

Perhaps you can also wait for the newly announced solid bass W1100 that seems to be a bass heavy variant of the MSR7 with its 53mm driver.

Oct 12, 2015 at 1:27 AM Post #1,038 of 2,803
Found it. Hard to tell if this the heavier bass version of MSR7. Only available in one county I believe.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&u=http://headphones.ua/ru/article/311-review-headphones-Audio-Technica-ATH-WS1100&prev=search

Oct 12, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #1,041 of 2,803
ATH-WS1100 seems very interesting yes. Thanks for the tip!

Oct 12, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #1,042 of 2,803
  ATH-WS1100 seems very interesting yes. Thanks for the tip!

Yes there are now more matches by my search engines. They are now being released in Japan four days ago. Just takes time for the search engines to update themselves. I am looking for bass emphasized headphones and the one that I tried at RMAF was the beyerdynamic DT 1770 very nice. The problem with bass emphasized headphones is to make the mids clear without bleed. Hard to do. I ran a test with my MSR7 using my IFI Retro amp and with xbass engaged I was getting similar results as my HE-400 using the balanced outputs on the Oppo HA-1 amp. I was playing back Arron Copland: Billy the Kid, gun battle.  The bass drum along with the tympani playing at the same time. The trick is to separate the bass drum from the tympani and  the MSR7 does well here. I did had the DT1770 on order but canceled it for the time being. 

Oct 13, 2015 at 6:19 AM Post #1,043 of 2,803
  Yes there are now more matches by my search engines. They are now being released in Japan four days ago. Just takes time for the search engines to update themselves. I am looking for bass emphasized headphones and the one that I tried at RMAF was the beyerdynamic DT 1770 very nice. The problem with bass emphasized headphones is to make the mids clear without bleed. Hard to do. I ran a test with my MSR7 using my IFI Retro amp and with xbass engaged I was getting similar results as my HE-400 using the balanced outputs on the Oppo HA-1 amp. I was playing back Arron Copland: Billy the Kid, gun battle.  The bass drum along with the tympani playing at the same time. The trick is to separate the bass drum from the tympani and  the MSR7 does well here. I did had the DT1770 on order but canceled it for the time being. 

It's being released on October 23 along with some other Solid Bass headphones and IEMs. I would think it's likely that the WS1100 will be more V shaped or L shaped, according to the impressions by Gizmodo Japan. What concerns me is the article appeared to imply they're worth slightly cheaper their MSRP, although it is quite normal for AT products such as the M50x to be heavily discounted, but unfortunately the same can't be said for the MSR7. Just about every store has it for 249. Quite humiliating Amazon went with giving the black one a much bigger discount.

Oct 14, 2015 at 8:00 AM Post #1,044 of 2,803
After my friend introduced the msr7 to me in July, I was really tempted to get it for myself. I finally caved after coming across a good deal.

As a newbie to headphones,I do not have any way to transport them safely and I would like to ask for recommendations. I'm from Singapore, so if any bros can provide any recommendations, it would be much appreciated!

Oct 14, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #1,045 of 2,803
After my friend introduced the msr7 to me in July, I was really tempted to get it for myself. I finally caved after coming across a good deal.

As a newbie to headphones,I do not have any way to transport them safely and I would like to ask for recommendations. I'm from Singapore, so if any bros can provide any recommendations, it would be much appreciated!

Check the first post...info about cases should be there ... Also, op of the thread is from sg too and got a case from AT locally so maybe contact op if you're looking for a local solution.

Oct 14, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #1,047 of 2,803

Contact me if you want a 10% off (you gotta meet me for this, hopefully I have time) and where to get the case(I'll just tell you to where to get it). Hit me up sometime this week because I'm not free after this week

Oct 14, 2015 at 4:45 PM Post #1,049 of 2,803
Has anyone here tried the Sony h.ear on? Some good reviews on its thread. astroid said it's less bassy than the MDR-1A. I haven't really been a big fan of the Sony house sound, a bit too L-shaped and mellow though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back