Audio-Technica ATH-M50x or Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO
Feb 18, 2014 at 10:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

bissag

New Head-Fier
Hello, I was going to get the ATH-M50x but after viewing some reviews I found a video which compare the 2 and to my taste the DT 770 PRO sounded better for me according to the review so it made my choice gets confused. What do you guys think?
I will use them with Creative Sound Blaser ZxR with 600 ohm headphone ampflier if it matters.
The video review:

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #4 of 37
I would go for the DT770.

Feb 19, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #6 of 37
  Going to order the DT 770 PRO 250Ohm after 8 hours from now, please if there is better alternative, let me know.

I prefer the sound quality of my Audio Technica ATH-A900Xs, over the DT770s.
But if you can get a good price for the DT770s, you should be happy with them.

Mar 1, 2014 at 2:31 AM Post #10 of 37
For electronic, M50. Otherwise, DT770. We're talking about the 80 ohm version, right?

Feb 7, 2015 at 10:15 PM Post #14 of 37
Hi guys... :)

I am back.... A couple of months ago i ended up not buying any of these 2 headphones.... instead i had a lot of other ones and ended up realising that my favourite 2 were the hd25 and the over ear momentum.... right now i still have the hd25 and a pair of amperiors but unfortunatelly i had to let my momentums go due to the unconfortable and super small pads.... ;(

So here i am again.... same tastes, rock, pop, indie and edm (a lot of prog and trance mostly....).... i reaaaaaaaally need a over ear now and i am again debating between the 80oh dt770 and the newer ath m50x.....

I already had a coiled (white box) ath m50 a couple of months ago... i liked the sound but i ended up selling them because i thought they were too scooped in the mids and that the treble sounded a bit plasticky.... at the time i also got my hd25s and liked them more (despite not being very confortable and the super compressed sound), i though they sounded clearer, more balanced, more detailed and despite lacking the bass impact of the m50, i found the overall sound of the hd25's more agressive and fun for rock... it just sounded better to my ears, more complete.... but once again this was 6 or more months ago.... does the new ath m50x improved in any of this?

Beyers on the other hand i never tried one in my life and its impossible to find them in Portugal...

Wich do you guys think it sound closer to the hd25?

I am basically wanting a hd25 sound with a tiny bit more bass impact and in a over ear and more immersive experience....

Whats do you guys think? I will mostly use them unamped by the way...

Cheers :)

Edit: I have a guy who is offering me a trade... a pair of 250ohm dt770's for my hd25's.... but i am really keen on getting the 80ohm one because of my needs.... should i take the deal or the 250ohm version for me is different from te 80ohm one and too hard to drive?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back