Audio-Technica ATH-M50S vs Sennheiser HD 650
Sep 25, 2011 at 11:16 PM Post #2 of 3

Quote:
I'm looking to buy some over ear headphones that have EXTREMELY good audio quality for under $220.  The  Audio-Technica Ath-M50S and the Sennheiser HD 650 both caught my attention as they are on the top 5 in that category.  Which pair of headphones are better in audio quality.  If you have any other suggestions for headphones, please tell me.

Hi, welcome to headfi and sorry about your wallet!
smily_headphones1.gif

To answer your question, I would have to say that the Senn 650s sound better, but may not be the best for you since they require amplification to sound their best. Also, it is closed vs. open cans, so if you are looking for some isolation and something that doesnt leak much sound, you should definitely go for the m50s. I think that they sound great unamped and are very comfortable. Btw where did you find the Senns for under $220. Hope this helps a little.

Sep 25, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #3 of 3

Quote:
Hi, welcome to headfi and sorry about your wallet!
smily_headphones1.gif

To answer your question, I would have to say that the Senn 650s sound better, but may not be the best for you since they require amplification to sound their best. Also, it is closed vs. open cans, so if you are looking for some isolation and something that doesnt leak much sound, you should definitely go for the m50s. I think that they sound great unamped and are very comfortable. Btw where did you find the Senns for under $220. Hope this helps a little.

Thanks for the info.  Looks like I'll be getting the M50s because on second look I saw the Senns were 350. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back