Audio technica Ath-M50's audio cable broke
Apr 21, 2012 at 1:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

itsice11

New Head-Fier
I've had my ATH-M50's for almost a year now and use them quite often. A couple of weeks ago the spring came out of the jack and i managed to put it back together luckily. Now though the problem's gotten worse and I can see the two wires from inside the black cable. THe black cable has been cut somehow inside the metal housing of the jack. I don't know if it's always been this way or how it managed to happen. Lastly, is there anyway I'd be able to repair it?

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2012 at 2:41 PM Post #2 of 7
I'm not a cable guy. Are you looking for DIY project or somewhere to get it fixed? Chris_himself is a member here and great with cable work. I'll vouch for him if you want to send him a pm

GL!!

Apr 21, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #3 of 7
I apologize for posting in your thread without giving you any insight on your cable problem, but if you don't mind me asking, how on earth did you get that spring back in there? I've given up trying to put that thing back in on my m50s and I can't seem to do it...

EDIT: Thanks Darkblade48

Apr 21, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #4 of 7
Now you can just get a better headphone.

Apr 21, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #5 of 7

Quote:
I apologize for posting in your thread without giving you any insight on your cable problem, but if you don't mind me asking, how on earth did you get that spring back in there? I've given up trying to put that thing back in on my m50s and I can't seem to do it...

Here you go:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/516030/ath-m50-stress-relief-spring-out-of-jack

Nov 22, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #7 of 7
I actually have the same problem as the person who posted above me and kinda just figured id just get new headphones... But is there actually a way to just replace the cable? Mom wants to know what i want for xmas so was thinking about just getting some CALs (after browsing this site all day) but i love those m50s and would rather just repair them if i can for a decent price/if it's possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back