Audio-Technica ATH-M50 - Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 -Sennheiser HD595 - Grado SR80i - Shure SRH840
Jul 10, 2011 at 4:19 PM Post #16 of 30

[size=medium]
im thinking about going Grado Prestige Series SR-60i route.  thoughts? i am not worried about isolation, and I will be traveling with them and i am looking for good value of price vs. sound quality.
[/size]

Jul 10, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #17 of 30
HOW DID I KNOW THE M50 WAS GOING TO WIN. 

Haha I have nothing against them, hell I haven't even heard them, but I do like AT.

The main beef with Grado isn't always the isolation people seem to have a problem with. It's the 5' cable you'll have to inevitably deal with. I remember back in 2007 when I joined this website, I would carry a bag just to carry an amp, source, and all the cable and interconnects. It was ridiculous and now I prefer just IEM and source.

Get the TF.10. Really really good and they will appeal to everybody. They have a rich deep low end, but it's not sloppy like a lot of other offerings and the treble is very forward and clear. It's not a neutral IEM so it's more fun than a lot of others and it's definitely one of my favorites for under 200. Over 200, I'd take the UM2 to prom, each and every time!

I love Grado though but for a travelling/bus/train/plane scenario you want IEMs. I've tried using cans, and they let me down one way or the other. I'm antisocial by nature and it lets people know to not bother me either :)

(I have friends though guys, I swear)

Jul 10, 2011 at 7:04 PM Post #20 of 30

Quote:
i am torned between grados and Monster Turbine IEMs. I would love the ultimate ears, but they are a little too much.  

No they arent! get on ebay the TF10's for 170 or something, they MSRP for 400$ and are better.

Jul 10, 2011 at 7:18 PM Post #21 of 30
I disagree with that. Then again it really depends on the song. Some trance songs have more of the bass emphasis but nothing like dubstep. Hence the name dub. Then again I also listen to a lot of vocal trance, psytrance, prog trance, progressive(which can have a bit of bass emphasis but once again not as much as dubstep), dance, and more. I always enjoyed listening to trance on my ms1 even over my m50. When it comes to rock though I easily prefer my ms2i or ms1 over the m50 and the ms2i over my dt990(which has more and better bass than the m50). Then again as I said, I am not a basshead. I do however go to many events and there is so much bass its hard to breathe at times.

PS. Only thing I ever really use the m50 for anymore is going out on trips because of isolation.
Quote:
I personally don't see ANY redeeming qualities trance has besides giving you lots of visceral bass (and with headphones that's already near impossible to produce compared to full-sized speaker arrays)  Same goes for that dubstep mess.

Jul 10, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #23 of 30

Quote:
I disagree with that. Then again it really depends on the song. Some trance songs have more of the bass emphasis but nothing like dubstep. Hence the name dub. Then again I also listen to a lot of vocal trance, psytrance, prog trance, progressive(which can have a bit of bass emphasis but once again not as much as dubstep), dance, and more. I always enjoyed listening to trance on my ms1 even over my m50. When it comes to rock though I easily prefer my ms2i or ms1 over the m50 and the ms2i over my dt990(which has more and better bass than the m50). Then again as I said, I am not a basshead. I do however go to many events and there is so much bass its hard to breathe at times.

PS. Only thing I ever really use the m50 for anymore is going out on trips because of isolation.

Um.... http://www.livingelectro.com/song/33769/Cosmic%20Gate/Exploration%20Of%20Space%20(Back%202%20The%20Future%20Remix)

http://www.livingelectro.com/song/34914/Cosmic%20Gate/Fire%20Wire%20(Cosmic%20Gate's%20Back%202%20The%20Future%20Remix)

download for best quality, BAAAAAAAAASSSSS

Jul 10, 2011 at 8:17 PM Post #24 of 30

Quote:

HFI 580?

Jul 10, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #27 of 30
I listen to songs like this. It has much more bass than those songs. Also those songs bring back memories. Listened to those songs back in like 2000. I really dont consider trance to be a bass monster genre at all.

Quote:

Jul 10, 2011 at 11:30 PM Post #29 of 30
Alessandro MS2i, if not MS1i :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back