Audio Technica ATH-L5000
Aug 11, 2023 at 11:42 PM Post #226 of 235
It's sad that a company like AT with their legacy of so many good, adventurous but well tuned headphones becoming a company known for price gouging via all these "limited" releases.

Aug 12, 2023 at 8:36 PM Post #227 of 235
It's sad that a company like AT with their legacy of so many good, adventurous but well tuned headphones becoming a company known for price gouging via all these "limited" releases.
Their bussiness strategy for sure, midfi market has been plagued with chi-fi (especially now iem) that they simply cant compete, based on my obversation they already have success on m50, r70x, perhaps msr7, others lineup not success, why risk making product on mid fi with less margin profit that has potency of cannot compete, we already have sennheiser, hifiman on that market imo.

Sep 3, 2023 at 6:29 PM Post #228 of 235
Their bussiness strategy for sure, midfi market has been plagued with chi-fi (especially now iem) that they simply cant compete, based on my obversation they already have success on m50, r70x, perhaps msr7, others lineup not success, why risk making product on mid fi with less margin profit that has potency of cannot compete, we already have sennheiser, hifiman on that market imo.
AD2000x can destroy HD660s in many things.
A good fit 2000x ( with bad fit it can sound bad) is far above hd660 and I'm not the first one to say that.
Audio technica has some good midfi/high end headphones that have 0 marketing or just don't work with wester people music I guess?

https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones...QQFnoECA0QAQ&usg=AOvVaw0Nf3PSiG6RD5cXhZ51v69X

Not my post lol.

But yeah sometimes pad size or other thing kind of ruin an experience that could be much better

Anyway I get your point lol

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2023 at 6:46 PM Post #229 of 235
AD2000x can destroy HD660s in many things.
A good fit 2000x ( with bad fit it can sound bad) is far above hd660 and I'm not the first one to say that.
Audio technica has some good midfi/high end headphones that have 0 marketing or just don't work with wester people music I guess?

https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones...QQFnoECA0QAQ&usg=AOvVaw0Nf3PSiG6RD5cXhZ51v69X

Not my post lol.

But yeah sometimes pad size or other thing kind of ruin an experience that could be much better

Anyway I get your point lol
I can understand, as you can see they dont make the successor or update of those AD2000x, this i believed that's 2012 product, hd660s now even comes with V2 revision, hifiman update their line up too with their revisions, audeze also did the same, they can update with detachable feature or updated headband or something but they choose not to, why i wondering ?! Do they update their packaging as well or with the new cable or something ?! Take look at sennheiser they have relic product like Senn HD600/650 they choose to update those, with new packaging, new accessories, AFAIK there's no update for AD2000x yet.

They made ADX5000 in 2018 for sure but that's in different price range area.. and set to be compete with hd800 arya line up, they choose not to update or renew AD2000x for some reason.

Sep 3, 2023 at 7:06 PM Post #230 of 235
I can understand, as you can see they dont make the successor or update of those AD2000x, this i believed that's 2012 product, hd660s now even comes with V2 revision, hifiman update their line up too with their revisions, audeze also did the same, they can update with detachable feature or updated headband or something but they choose not to, why i wondering ?! Do they update their packaging as well or with the new cable or something ?! Take look at sennheiser they have relic product like Senn HD600/650 they choose to update those, with new packaging, new accessories, AFAIK there's no update for AD2000x yet.

They made ADX5000 in 2018 for sure but that's in different price range area.. and set to be compete with hd800 arya line up, they choose not to update or renew AD2000x for some reason.
Interestingly it seems they renewed ad2000x pads.
As opposite as some people tought, 2000x is still under production( or at least it was in 2021).

I managed to get a 2021 2000x march made, and it had pads that were more like the 900x pads( a lot of people agree that 700x/900x are more comfortable than 2000x) in comfort but also made the stock 2000x significantly more detailed than When I got my first 2013 made ad2000x.

I did test and basically driver quality is similar or the same.

I already knew stock pads were nerfing them anyway lol.

But I get your point, 0 marketing on the audiophile lineup ,even if they made a small revision there is 0 info of that.

It seems they are still producing 700x and ad900x and why not renew them at least by making them detachable?

My ad900x cable got ripped to pieces after like 6 years and now it is fu cked.

Good that the newer models have detachable cable, but if 500x,900x and 2000x are still under production why the **** to not renew them at least with detachable cable?

I get your point lol

Mar 7, 2024 at 10:28 PM Post #231 of 235
Mar 7, 2024 at 11:08 PM Post #232 of 235
The information in the previous announcement and price has been updated: Audio-Technica Introduces Its NARUKAMI Ultra-High-End Tube Headphone Amplifier and ATH-AWKG Headphones:

https://www.audio-technica.com/en-u...h-end-tube-headphone-amplifier-and-headphones

The amp is US $108,000. The headphones cost US $4,200.

Cross posting my post from the AT master of wood thread (https://www.head-fi.org/threads/audio-technica-the-master-of-wood.928704/page-30#post-18006432):

The new Audio-Technica ATH-AWGK Kurogaki, released today.

I’ve had the privilege of having them on hand for a little while and enjoyed getting to know them.

Fitted with ZMF Universe Hybrid Solid pads (original AT pads also available), these headphones provide a very good resolution coupled with a warm and intimate presentation, gorgeous mids, and a textured mid-bass.

Made of the rare black persimmon wood (Kurogaki), the AWKG's availability will be limited. They will be available for demo at CanJam NYC this weekend.

1709780379294.jpeg

1709780415902.jpeg

Mar 9, 2024 at 8:52 AM Post #233 of 235
It appears the AWKG is no longer listed for sale on the Audio Technica website. It was up last night, but it couldn't be added to the cart. It's off the Canada and UK Audio Technica sites completely.

Mar 16, 2024 at 3:44 AM Post #235 of 235
It appears the AWKG is no longer listed for sale on the Audio Technica website. It was up last night, but it couldn't be added to the cart. It's off the Canada and UK Audio Technica sites completely.
Not surprised. Very few were offered for sale. I'd imagine most were snapped up in Japan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back