Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction
Feb 21, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #736 of 1,104
I wanted to order the IM70 at cdjapan. Unfortunately, they are no longer in the program. knows its a reputable shop in japan where I can buy these in ear, or a reputable ebay seller?

Feb 22, 2015 at 3:31 AM Post #737 of 1,104
I wanted to order the IM70 at cdjapan. Unfortunately, they are no longer in the program. knows its a reputable shop in japan where I can buy these in ear, or a reputable ebay seller?

I purchased mine through Amazon...
Audio-technica IM Series Canal type monitor earphone Dual symphonic driver ATH-IM70(Japan Import) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00FWGTZWQ/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_knz6ub07JDA72

Feb 22, 2015 at 6:35 AM Post #739 of 1,104

I will recommend Amazon seller "J-Made". They are quite reputable and I got mine from them. 

Feb 25, 2015 at 2:08 AM Post #740 of 1,104
Ok guys so I read a few pages on this thread and definitely are interested in buying these iem's... But, I REALLY need some help. I just recently got accepted into my dream college, this requires me to have to ride the bus for an hour and a half both ways to and from there... Do these isolate well enough? It's between these IM70's or the Shure SE215's. Also for reference I use my Sennheiser HD 280's and LOVE the isolation on those.... Seriously.. I REALLY need to know how well these isolate from engine noise, and just general noise all together.

Feb 25, 2015 at 3:22 AM Post #741 of 1,104
Ok guys so I read a few pages on this thread and definitely are interested in buying these iem's... But, I REALLY need some help. I just recently got accepted into my dream college, this requires me to have to ride the bus for an hour and a half both ways to and from there... Do these isolate well enough? It's between these IM70's or the Shure SE215's. Also for reference I use my Sennheiser HD 280's and LOVE the isolation on those.... Seriously.. I REALLY need to know how well these isolate from engine noise, and just general noise all together.

It depends on the tips and whether you get a good seal.

Feb 25, 2015 at 4:57 AM Post #742 of 1,104

They don't isolate well. Not like Shures. You will still hear some engine noise but if you listen to moderate volumes it won't be a serious problem I guess.

Feb 25, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #744 of 1,104

They don't isolate well. Not like Shures. You will still hear some engine noise but if you listen to moderate volumes it won't be a serious problem I guess.

It's not because of the headphones, it's because you end up hearing the transfer between your body and the seat... I'd say they're pretty even in isolation with the correct tips.

-----

I used the IM70's for months while i traveled back and forth for work in another town (around the same time as the OP would be traveling) and these were ok. But it depends on the fit, like most of us said. I've been using the Sony Hybrid tips and they work wonders with isolation. And when i don't need that much isolation and prefer a little more SQ, i go with the TTPod M tips (Wider bore gives a little more extension on these). I still use them, but i prefer my HD25 over the IM70 mainly because of the body noise transfer.

In the end, you might end up choosing signature over isolation between those two options.

Feb 25, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #745 of 1,104

The IM70's isolate well for me.

Feb 25, 2015 at 4:12 PM Post #748 of 1,104

The included olive foam tips should provide you with excellent isolation. A friend of mine owns these and I've tried them, there's nothing out there that I have heard that isolates better. Enjoy your purchase!

Yeah they are pretty good. Not really worried too much about the sound from sub $100 iem's... But consider me pretty impressed atm... Sound better than my SRH 440's!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back