Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction
Mar 30, 2014 at 4:00 AM Post #406 of 1,104

For me the soundstage is closed, in a way, which I think is caused by the thickness of the sound, but at the same time it's pretty wide, or large. I don't know if that makes sense.

Yeah after a while that you mention that, I agree. I would put it down to the strong lows reproduction of the IM70. It sounds closed due to the lack of highs or air but feels like the lows feel very large(like large drums in a hall).

I should also mention that higher mids->lower treble are not its strong suit as well so female vocals may sound very slightly strained/nasal of sorts.

Mar 31, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #407 of 1,104
i just received mine, and boy, they are huge! 

soundwise, great! Really happy....have to get used to the fit though, but coming from customs i guess it's normal! 

now it's time for some extend listening! 

Apr 2, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #410 of 1,104
could anybody point me in the right direction where i could find double flange tips for those? Tube size wise….

thanks!

Apr 2, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #411 of 1,104
  could anybody point me in the right direction where i could find double flange tips for those? Tube size wise….

thanks!

Double flanges don't really work well with IM70s. At least for me.

Apr 4, 2014 at 1:13 AM Post #415 of 1,104
  Hi guys. Where to buy tips for IM 70 ? I find the insulation on these non existent. If you point me to a website with headphone tips, I will be grateful. Thanks.

thats what i thought too.....the comply foam tips work quite well, but could be better. Maybe another comply foam model....
but i sincerely think, that the isolation suffers from their form and bulky body. The fit isn't the helping at all. The body is too big, and the noozle is too long to match with a perfect fit. Maybe it's my eras too, not sure. Form and fit are so much subjectif! 

Yet, this is a great iem....

Apr 5, 2014 at 7:20 AM Post #417 of 1,104
OK, got these recently, didn't like them out of the box. Been burning them for about a week, much better, really nice bass (an AT specialty, I believe). I generally am a difficult fit, put on Comply tips, fit and isolation better, lost the highs (which are not the strong point of these to begin with). Changed to UE 900 tips (can find them on UE site) highs back (not killer, but no longer MIA), decent isolation, had worse fitting iems (some from AT). Agree with most of the impressions, just listened falling asleep, though, so didn't do real -"critical " listening. OK of to the meet!

Apr 5, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #418 of 1,104
Hi guys, I'm planning to pick a pair up on my trip to Japan next month but I'm worried about the fit. I've done some research but most reviewers tend to gloss over the fit and my ears are pretty picky. Would these be too large for an average Asian female? For comparison, I find the UE 900 large and rather awkward. I really love what the reviews are saying and I just hope they're comfortable too.

Apr 5, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #419 of 1,104
Hi guys, I'm planning to pick a pair up on my trip to Japan next month but I'm worried about the fit. I've done some research but most reviewers tend to gloss over the fit and my ears are pretty picky. Would these be too large for an average Asian female? For comparison, I find the UE 900 large and rather awkward. I really love what the reviews are saying and I just hope they're comfortable too.

well, in comparison to the heir 4ai they are huge. Still, great sounding phones for the buck! Try it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back