Audio Technica ATH-E70, ATH-E50, ATH-E40 IEMs announced at NAMM 2016
Apr 26, 2016 at 10:13 PM Post #331 of 1,068
movie scores DOMINATE my song collection. lets say 95%
and yes , i am a "details kind of guy":wink_face:

I tend to put details ahead of everything else like tonality ,soundstage ,etc when choosing an "upgrade"
and next on line are the ER4XR which are yet to be released
i would recommend you get the HUM. It will decompose the song into every bit.

Apr 26, 2016 at 11:33 PM Post #332 of 1,068
I actually are interested with detail IEM, but "HUM"?

Apr 27, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #336 of 1,068
Nevermind, they are customs and are *&^)$! expensive!!!

Money is something i lack so my max budget is $350 for now.
customs needs dedication... Unless I find the Universal Very-very satisfying I just wouldn't take it.

Apr 27, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #337 of 1,068
More feedback about the E40 please! I've ordered mine, waiting and I check every bit of testimonials on the internet about them. Here is one: http://majorhifi.com/audio-technica-ath-e40-review/

I don't know about the fit, I used the Shure se215 long time ago and had no problem with them but disliked the too laidback sound.

I use the DX50 as my music player. Hope it will be a good combo. I'll post some impression when I'll get my E40.

thanks!

Apr 28, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #338 of 1,068
As an update, I ultimately sent mine back. I agree with the review on pretty much everything. It's amazing that sound like this is available for $99, and I'll be on the lookout for future push-pull drivers. That said, even with the Comply tips (T500), the fit was poor enough to negate the sound. If your tragus and anti tragus are somewhat close together, you'll need to pull your ear lobe down hard to get the IEMs in, and even then the short nozzle does not allow for a nice seal/isolation. With the Comply tips I also experienced some vibration of the housing/tips when the lower frequencies played, which I am guessing is due to the somewhat loose fit? Made my ears crazy itchy.

If these fit your ears, you win bigtime.

Apr 28, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #339 of 1,068
Last day for the Sabre pre-order price :) I won't be comparing the two after all as Trinity brought back the middle model four driver and I upgraded so won't be getting the Sabre.

As push-push and other multi-driver hybrid earphones progress, they won't be getting any smaller. Good to invest in the big bi-flanges...

Obviously the first one in the picture and the length will help those who need more depth help with certain phones.

Apr 28, 2016 at 8:53 PM Post #340 of 1,068
  Last day for the Sabre pre-order price :) I won't be comparing the two after all as Trinity brought back the middle model four driver and I upgraded so won't be getting the Sabre.

As push-push and other multi-driver hybrid earphones progress, they won't be getting any smaller. Good to invest in the big bi-flanges...

Obviously the first one in the picture and the length will help those who need more depth help with certain phones.

About the first ones, which brand/model is it? 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 29, 2016 at 4:21 AM Post #341 of 1,068
  As an update, I ultimately sent mine back. I agree with the review on pretty much everything. It's amazing that sound like this is available for $99, and I'll be on the lookout for future push-pull drivers. That said, even with the Comply tips (T500), the fit was poor enough to negate the sound. If your tragus and anti tragus are somewhat close together, you'll need to pull your ear lobe down hard to get the IEMs in, and even then the short nozzle does not allow for a nice seal/isolation. With the Comply tips I also experienced some vibration of the housing/tips when the lower frequencies played, which I am guessing is due to the somewhat loose fit? Made my ears crazy itchy.

If these fit your ears, you win bigtime.

Thanks for the update... Will test one on when the demo arrive at local Jaben before deciding  For reference though, have you tried an IMx0 and/or Shure IEMs? as the most popular ones do they give similar fit problem for you? 

Apr 29, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #343 of 1,068
Which are 'these'? I got my E70 from Juno.co.uk at a good price, Now they're already out of stock. They also don't carry the E40 it seems.

Btw,

Quote:
  Just bought the E70 on a whim to compare to my trusty ol' Shure SE530, Acquired back in 2007... Looking forward to find just how far triple-driver sound has gotten since then. ​

Yeah, Judging at least by the E70's preformance things have gotten FAR better. The 530's will be heading to a long deserved retirement, They are clearly outclassed by the amazing E70 technical prowess. Even the famous SE530 'golden mids' seem somewhat shouty in comparison.

Apr 29, 2016 at 4:28 PM Post #344 of 1,068
  Does anyone know where and how to get these in Europe/Germany?
Their website is no help at all.

Assuming you're talking about either the E70, E50 or the E40, the only places i've seen were:

1. Gear4music
  2. Woodbrass

None of them have stock yet unfortunately.

You can also see on ebay but then you have that little thing called customs that sucks. 
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back