Audio-Technica ATH-CKS1100 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Oct 27, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #16 of 157
Hope it fits well !

Oct 27, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #17 of 157
$216 with EMS which hopefully will have them here by the end of the week. CDjapan also marks as gift if you select it. Odd that I haven't found them cheaper. Even when I ordered the lowest was $222 before Tenso.

I remember CKS1000 was around $200 3 years ago. So this is normal.

Oct 27, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #18 of 157
Yes, CKS1000 was 25,900Y and the 1100 is 26,800Y to start but outside of CDjapan so far none are(or were of my last check) more than $1 less than the release price even Amazon is still at $223 so with Tenso would have been $240-245. The CDjapan release price is fine esp. for marking as a gift, straight shipment(not to the forwarder first), and I get some points to use. Can't complain esp. if they turn out to be winners which I think they will be.

Actually just checked my actual price as I was not charged till it was shipped and the rate on that day was a bit lower. So, I paid $213.89 shipped. Better than $240-ish :)

Oct 27, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #19 of 157
Nice! They sound very intriguing! I'll be heading to Tokyo in November, so I'll be sure to give them a try at one of the big retailers. 
smile.gif

Oct 27, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #20 of 157
  [Sound quality of the treble]
Hi-Res it will extend there correspondence only.
CKR10 I treble relinquished noisy but, this is not even common buried sense of bass phone up to now have been adjusted to feel good.
I think that it is the sound of luxury earphone par.
Sound field also I think the wider as a portable machine.

I loved the CKR10's mids and bass... but the treble was too rolled off without air or sparkle. I really hope "will extend there correspondence only" fixes it!

Oct 27, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #21 of 157
It does sound, so far, that they are not as dark and treble shy as the WS1100 or even the CKR10. Perhaps there is a reason... oh yeah "it adopted a DLC (diamond-like carbon) coating to improve the high-frequency characteristics". I guess it may be more than marketing and really comes through on the claim
biggrin.gif
That kakaku reviewer rated the treble a five and a four for the bass(although as good as SE846, lol).

These are starting to sound like only slightly bassier than the CKR10 but with less mid-bass and better depth. That they will have the widest stage of the bunch. That they will be there with the CKR9 for the most treble amount(but maybe more clarity) but smooth/peaks taken care of like in the LTD. Seems like a good mix of traits; Authoritative but clear bass, mids that are up in the mix, great treble clarity without going overboard, and a bigger headphone sound that is like what the CKR try to do already but now even bigger and even more headphone-like sound. At least that is the impression I'm getting from the few reports I have read. Plus removable cables and a friendly price. Seems like I made a good purchase! We'll see!

Oct 27, 2015 at 8:27 PM Post #23 of 157
  It does sound, so far, that they are not as dark and treble shy as the WS1100 or even the CKR10. Perhaps there is a reason... oh yeah "it adopted a DLC (diamond-like carbon) coating to improve the high-frequency characteristics". I guess it may be more than marketing and really comes through on the claim
biggrin.gif
That kakaku reviewer rated the treble a five and a four for the bass(although as good as SE846, lol).

These are starting to sound like only slightly bassier than the CKR10 but with less mid-bass and better depth. That they will have the widest stage of the bunch. That they will be there with the CKR9 for the most treble amount(but maybe more clarity) but smooth/peaks taken care of like in the LTD. Seems like a good mix of traits; Authoritative but clear bass, mids that are up in the mix, great treble clarity without going overboard, and a bigger headphone sound that is like what the CKR try to do already but now even bigger and even more headphone-like sound. At least that is the impression I'm getting from the few reports I have read. Plus removable cables and a friendly price. Seems like I made a good purchase! We'll see!

So I'm assuming you would recommend them for someone who loves the sound of the CKR10 but would like a detachable cable because the cable failed on them twice in a span of 3 months (AKA to me)?

Honestly, I'm just waiting until they hit Amazon haha.

Oct 27, 2015 at 9:50 PM Post #24 of 157
biggrin.gif

Sounds good to me! I'm actually very satisfied with my CKR9 so even a "CKR9 with detachable cables" would do the job for me lol.

Oct 27, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #25 of 157
Detachable cable, with black and gold design. That is very cool.

Only possible downside: how far do these things stick out of your ear?. I don't want any Mickey Mouse Sony EX1000 looking headphones that'll fall out while I'm chewing or something.

Oct 28, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #26 of 157
Detachable cable, with black and gold design. That is very cool.

Only possible downside: how far do these things stick out of your ear?. I don't want any Mickey Mouse Sony EX1000 looking headphones that'll fall out while I'm chewing or something.

I'm thinking it will be like the CKR9/CKR10's but maybe a little more obtrusive. The CKS1100 do seem more bulky but I think it's because of the detachable cable design.

I think the CKS1100 will catch some of the wind noise though. I don't know if @jant71 can input us in on this.

Oct 28, 2015 at 1:02 AM Post #27 of 157
biggrin.gif

OH MY GOODNESS YOU BOUGHT IT.

Please share when you receive them. 
ph34r.gif

Oct 28, 2015 at 2:54 AM Post #28 of 157
I'm thinking it will be like the CKR9/CKR10's but maybe a little more obtrusive. The CKS1100 do seem more bulky but I think it's because of the detachable cable design.

I think the CKS1100 will catch some of the wind noise though. I don't know if @jant71
 can input us in on this.

I have had CKS1000, and there wasn't any wind noise. So I think 1100 will be same.

Oct 28, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #29 of 157

Released on 10/23 and in my grubby little hands by 10/28. Kudos to CDjapan as they marked them fragile handling as well as a gift and yesterday emailed me with 600Yen worth of points in addition to the ones I got with my purchase. Not sure why but I'll take em and I can get some free tips or a case and just pay some shipping.

Just took a quick look and the first impression is very handsome and quite big/beefy. New case has a divider for two sections and two snaps as it is a bigger than the CKR case. Will update with some thoughts after a bit
ksc75smile.gif

Oct 28, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #30 of 157

Released on 10/23 and in my grubby little hands by 10/28. Kudos to CDjapan as they marked them fragile handling as well as a gift and yesterday emailed me with 600Yen worth of points in addition to the ones I got with my purchase. Not sure why but I'll take em and I can get some free tips or a case and just pay some shipping.

Just took a quick look and the first impression is very handsome and quite big/beefy. New case has a divider for two sections and two snaps as it is a bigger than the CKR case. Will update with some thoughts after a bit
ksc75smile.gif

Nice! We'll be awaiting for your impressions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back