Audio-Technica ATH-AWAS Announcement Thread
Jul 10, 2020 at 4:19 PM Post #62 of 303
Bass is definitely more impactful, not as ruler flat as HD800S. Much better texture than Z7M2. No distortion, too.

Excellent was for a second on a stop throttle lol. Whats with the bass 🙃🙂

Then this headphones sounds like a most try!

Jul 10, 2020 at 7:02 PM Post #63 of 303
Z7 and AP2000ti kind of an apples and oranges comparison IMO.

Jul 10, 2020 at 9:17 PM Post #64 of 303

But I dont know how those headphones sounds this why I ask something of a reference that I know...

Jul 10, 2020 at 11:47 PM Post #65 of 303
But I dont know how those headphones sounds this why I ask something of a reference that I know...

Sorry, I am just reacting to the notion expressed earlier that the AP2000ti are a better headphone- I guess I would consider them similar level of imperfect but with very different sounds and use cases. Although for my personal tastes, and for isolation/portability would also lean AP if forced to choose (heard mk2, but most familiar with z7mk1)

FWIW agree w/ lachlan that AP2000ti are a tad bright (for reference I find Focal Clear just right) there is some type of peak or glare that can throw off midrange tone with some music- it is my only strong complaint about them though.
(my set do also creak if I move a certain way, though not irritating for me).

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2020 at 11:16 PM Post #66 of 303
Lachlan put its tuning inline with older AT titanium models like the A2000Z, they ARE bright.

Jul 12, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #67 of 303
For lack of a better description, this is the aptest one, really.

The Z7M2 is darker, thicker, and heavy on the bass.

The AP2000TI is brighter, leaner, and has a very flat bass response.

Sep 2, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #70 of 303
I just got a AWAS today. I’ve always admired the audio-Technica woodies but despised the headband and I hate headphones without detachable cables, therefore my a2000x was with me for a very short time. I was excited to see they “fixed” what were the deal breakers for me. I’m digging the sound. This is going to be the perfect compliment to my Utopia and Verite. I am listening with a PrimaLuna EVO 300 integrate. I also have a Ifi Pro iCAN which I will listen but it’s all PrimaLuna tonight. These are more dynamic then what I expected, while not a bass head headphone if it call for it, it’ll beat your ears a bit. Right now hearing ”I miss you” by Incubus and it is so good. It has been so long since I have had a closed back.....very fun. Happy camper

Sep 3, 2020 at 4:17 AM Post #71 of 303
I just got a AWAS today. I’ve always admired the audio-Technica woodies but despised the headband and I hate headphones without detachable cables, therefore my a2000x was with me for a very short time. I was excited to see they “fixed” what were the deal breakers for me. I’m digging the sound. This is going to be the perfect compliment to my Utopia and Verite. I am listening with a PrimaLuna EVO 300 integrate. I also have a Ifi Pro iCAN which I will listen but it’s all PrimaLuna tonight. These are more dynamic then what I expected, while not a bass head headphone if it call for it, it’ll beat your ears a bit. Right now hearing ”I miss you” by Incubus and it is so good. It has been so long since I have had a closed back.....very fun. Happy camper
Congrats on the AWAS. They're great headphones, indeed, and as I was saying on another thread, I'm amazed how little attention they've received.

Sep 5, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #73 of 303
If I may have a small favor, can you share some thoughts on how these compare?

sure....the PrimaLuna is a lot better than the iCAN with the AWAS. AWAS is not nearly as dynamic and sounded a little congested with the iCAN. But, it is just a bad match. iCAN is very good with my Utopia, dynamic, clean and crisp. The added bass is a plus on it too. The PrimaLuna bests it by a hair on the Utopia in most departments but the bass is a big plus and win for the iCAN. The Rosson Rad-0 was significantly better with the iCAN than the PrimaLuna (it wasn’t even close) it is a match made in heaven.

Sep 7, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #74 of 303
sure....the PrimaLuna is a lot better than the iCAN with the AWAS. AWAS is not nearly as dynamic and sounded a little congested with the iCAN. But, it is just a bad match. iCAN is very good with my Utopia, dynamic, clean and crisp. The added bass is a plus on it too. The PrimaLuna bests it by a hair on the Utopia in most departments but the bass is a big plus and win for the iCAN. The Rosson Rad-0 was significantly better with the iCAN than the PrimaLuna (it wasn’t even close) it is a match made in heaven.

Thanks for this feedback, it reads very honest and well balanced. At the same time we still learn that synergy is key in audio, and even though Pro iCAN is one versatile headphone amp, with some cans other amps can perform far better. Thanks again and enjoy! :beerchug:

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Sep 9, 2020 at 9:46 AM Post #75 of 303
I got ATH-WP900's from Jaben last week and I've been loving them. So much so that I've been going back and forth on trying the AWAS. I didn't see them listed on Jaben's site so I asked them on Facebook if they would be carrying them. They said the could get them to me for $1480 SGD plus shipping. That seems like a decent price considering how much they're going for here in Canada. I'm still going back and forth on whether to get them myself but thought I'd let other know that Jaben can get them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back