Audio-Technica ATH-AWAS Announcement Thread
Apr 25, 2020 at 11:29 PM Post #16 of 303
Good catch, I didn't see that. I just checked the headphones and can't see a scratch in that location, so not sure what that is!

EDIT: adding another photo that I took today.
DSC03832.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2020 at 6:51 PM Post #18 of 303
Good catch, I didn't see that. I just checked the headphones and can't see a scratch in that location, so not sure what that is!

EDIT: adding another photo that I took today.DSC03832.jpg
Looks, good! What tube amps are those? What’s your opinion on the sound signature so far? I have the ATH-AWKT’s on order, but I haven’t received them yet.

Apr 26, 2020 at 7:17 PM Post #20 of 303
Smooth as butter with the tubes. I'll listen for another day then give my impressions if that's cool!

It's just a loaner pair.
Great, I’ll be waiting on those impressions. What about the tube amps, what are they? Is that a Bottlehead Crack?

May 11, 2020 at 10:04 AM Post #21 of 303
I'm trying to get a demo pair of the AWAS sent out to me. Recently tried the mdr z1r but comfort was not good for me. How is the comfort on AWAS? If it's good might pull the trigger.

Right now listening to a 192khz recording of way out west sonny rollins through my chord mscaler/TT2 and oppo pm1.

Jun 5, 2020 at 11:35 AM Post #23 of 303
why's thss thread way quieter than the AWKT's?
Lachlan's impression on Minidisc

Jun 5, 2020 at 8:11 PM Post #25 of 303
I guess people tend to eye on TOL model.
hmm...its AT though anyone that has followed AT for some time knows that same family does not equal similar sound.
Anyways Gabby Bloch from major hifi has done a pretty good review and comparison. The only thing I disagree with him is that the AWKT/AWAS is lacking for modern bass heavy genres but I guess its just how I like my bass tight and detailed.

https://majorhifi.com/audio-technica-ath-awas-review/

https://majorhifi.com/audio-technica-ath-awkt-vs-ath-awas-review/

Anyways besides protoss anyone else bought and is enjoying the AWAS?

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2020 at 8:28 AM Post #30 of 303
Would I be interested with a direct comparison to the z1r.
Have Been able to find used Z1R for a bit under 1K lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back