Audio-Technica ATH-AP2000Ti - Impressions Thread
Feb 21, 2021 at 3:47 AM Post #196 of 299
Does anyone know of some good pads that fit these? The ones on them aren't worn out yet but as much as I've used these in the few months I've had them the pads are getting more worn out than I'd expect at this point so I'd like to have some to replace them which I think is sooner rather than later. I feel like the ZMF pads would be a little too big but maybe the universal ones would work. If anyone has suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it.

Feb 21, 2021 at 5:38 AM Post #197 of 299
Does anyone know of some good pads that fit these? The ones on them aren't worn out yet but as much as I've used these in the few months I've had them the pads are getting more worn out than I'd expect at this point so I'd like to have some to replace them which I think is sooner rather than later. I feel like the ZMF pads would be a little too big but maybe the universal ones would work. If anyone has suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it.
I can't find replacement pads even on the AT site so not sure where you will find them. Of course if you go for something quite different then you may change the sound profile too........not necessarily for the best.

Feb 21, 2021 at 6:07 AM Post #198 of 299
Feb 21, 2021 at 7:29 PM Post #200 of 299
The actual replacement pads are around $40 pair + $10 shipping to the US, email parts@atus.com

Thx for the info. The Brainwavz pair I ordered will be here early next week and I'll see how they fare before getting them from AT.

Mar 3, 2021 at 4:42 PM Post #202 of 299
I got the Brainwavz pads and they seem like they'll fit just fine when I'm ready to use them. They're almost exactly the same size around as the stock pads but they are a little thicker so I don't know if the sound is going to change some but I hope not since they sound perfect already to me.

Speaking of sound they pair really well with my xDuoo TA-20 hybrid amp and the Neo. They give them a little warmth in the mids and highs along with more width in the soundstage. I bought a pair of NOS military-grade tubes by GE that was $100 for the pair which is by far the most I've spent on a pair of tubes and I gotta say they sound really good and are noticeably better than the others I have. Better detail retrieval and overall clarity without losing any of that thick tube sound I love.

Mar 4, 2021 at 9:57 PM Post #203 of 299
I got the Brainwavz pads and they seem like they'll fit just fine when I'm ready to use them. They're almost exactly the same size around as the stock pads but they are a little thicker so I don't know if the sound is going to change some but I hope not since they sound perfect already to me.

Speaking of sound they pair really well with my xDuoo TA-20 hybrid amp and the Neo. They give them a little warmth in the mids and highs along with more width in the soundstage. I bought a pair of NOS military-grade tubes by GE that was $100 for the pair which is by far the most I've spent on a pair of tubes and I gotta say they sound really good and are noticeably better than the others I have. Better detail retrieval and overall clarity without losing any of that thick tube sound I love.
hi, could you share the link where you bought the tubes? i am interested in these too

Mar 6, 2021 at 9:34 PM Post #204 of 299
Mar 7, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #205 of 299
I had almost the same experience you had comparing these two (love the MSR7b too). The only difference was on the lows, leaving the AP2K short and that was the reason I returned them.

Other then that, the clarity, mids/higs tonality and the extreme detailed and crispy sound are TOTL. Just beaten by Denons D9200, which have everything that AP2k shines for, but really well complemented with one of the best bass I‘ve ever heard: detailed, tight and with incredible extension, not boomy, not bloated... pretty impressive.

AP2k’s comfort is one thing I really miss from these shiny beauties!!... Can’t say the same about the D9200.

Im glad you find them balanced for your taste. Enjoy them.!
So basically, the AHD 9200 sounds identical with the AP2000TI but with more bass? Im looking to buy a high end wooden headphone since their acoustics and apearance always appealed to me. Was looking into the WP900 but do you think I should save up more and get the AHD 9200? I listen to everything and sometimes use my headphones when gaming since gaming headsets sound underwhelming compared to my AP2000TI.

Mar 16, 2021 at 12:58 AM Post #206 of 299
I feel like the AP2Kti has really good bass now and they definitely have more bass impact than they did in the beginning. When I first got them I was going up about 3 to 4 dB in the bass with my Loki but now I only go 2dB at most and a lot of the time I leave it flat.

If there was ever a headphone that made me a believer in burn-in it's this one because they sound noticeably different than they did at the beginning. The highs have smoothed out ever so slightly and the bass is much more full and impactful sounding and vocals are more forward in the mix but not to make them sound mid-centric or anything they still sound very balanced.

Apr 1, 2021 at 1:08 PM Post #207 of 299
DMS hates these hahah figurues, he just have no experience with many Audio Technica's Titanium tuning eh

Apr 1, 2021 at 8:20 PM Post #209 of 299
DMS hates these hahah figurues, he just have no experience with many Audio Technica's Titanium tuning eh

(*edit, just had a sense of deja vu and realized he made a Tier list some months ago and my response was the same this time lol)

Though don't experience sibilance myself (and contrary to his suggestion, don't have hearing loss in the sibilance range), I think I am somewhat in agreement with his overall point - there absolutely is some peakiness that knocks these down from being a no-brainer (if overpriced) easy recommendation to a questionable selection for a lot of people.

I think they take to EQ decently- Incidentally I have been sticking with ye' olde basic 1-ply TP front filter mod which works very nicely- although the TP I am using has an uneven effect on the treble and listening to bright music like some specific rock/metal, I prefer stock or w/ EQ. I was also thinking of trying some cup dampening (IIRC someone mentioned A-T usually leave the cups bare on their "special materials" headphones).

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2021 at 1:11 AM Post #210 of 299
I've never really had any problems with these being peaky but if they had I feel like the Jot2 I got about a week ago would help with that. They sound really good with the Jot2 and the added bit of warmth makes them sound more musical and smooths out some of the edges. The AP2000ti is still one of my favorite headphones and I'm still trying to decide whether or not to get the ATH-AWAS as my next headphone but I'm afraid they'll sound too much like these since they use the exact same driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back