Audio-Technica ATH-AP2000Ti - Impressions Thread
Dec 23, 2021 at 4:35 AM Post #227 of 299
The only one I found was here https://www.audiofanatyk.pl/recenzja-sluchawek-audio-technica-ap2000ti/

It is a Polish HiFi site but you can translate it easily on Google. It seems like quite a fair review, but the only strange thing about the graph is the measure is done from 0Hz and not 30Hz as is often the case so you need to factor that in when you are reading it. It looks pretty much as you might expect though with a mildly elevated bass, neutral mids and extended treble. As always though it's much more about what you hear than what a graph appears to say!

Dec 23, 2021 at 11:28 PM Post #228 of 299
I think the graph is fairly accurate but the bass looks strange because it starts at 0 which you don't see people do with measurements. I also care about how they sound and not how they measure but graphs can give you a sense of what the headphone might sound like but I never take too much stock in them because I've seen some bad looking graphs on headphones that sounded good.

Dec 24, 2021 at 4:13 AM Post #229 of 299
I think the graph is fairly accurate but the bass looks strange because it starts at 0 which you don't see people do with measurements. I also care about how they sound and not how they measure but graphs can give you a sense of what the headphone might sound like but I never take too much stock in them because I've seen some bad looking graphs on headphones that sounded good.
Yes, thanks and those were exactly my same points, it was simply a reply to the chap who wanted a frequency graph. It would have been of more value if there had been an IEF neutral curve on there for reference .

Feb 13, 2022 at 8:25 AM Post #230 of 299
Hi everyone, I'm interested in the ap2kti. Are these good for classical and electronic music? Is the sound signature similar to the cheaper m50x?

Feb 13, 2022 at 8:50 AM Post #231 of 299
Hi everyone, I'm interested in the ap2kti. Are these good for classical and electronic music? Is the sound signature similar to the cheaper m50x?
Not sure about how they compare to the M50X, but they are not dissimilar to the MSR7b if you have heard them. They have a small bass boost and then neural mids and a slightly elevated treble I would say. They are good on vocals and soundstaging. They are also quite dynamic so should be god on classical (but I don't listen to this genre).

I compared them this week with the Meze Liric and found those to have a more extended bass, but with less sparkle in the treble compared to the AP2kTi.

Does that help?

Feb 13, 2022 at 9:18 AM Post #232 of 299
Yes, it helped, thanks for your response.
How's the imaging?
Are male vocals "thin" due to the slightly recessed mids?
As far as i can see from the specs they should be easy to drive, do they benefit from more power or does it enhance the sparkle of the highs?

Feb 13, 2022 at 9:48 AM Post #233 of 299
Yes, it helped, thanks for your response.
How's the imaging?
Are male vocals "thin" due to the slightly recessed mids?
As far as i can see from the specs they should be easy to drive, do they benefit from more power or does it enhance the sparkle of the highs?
Ok great stuff.
The imaging is very good, it's not HD800S good, but better than most closed backs I have heard and actually a lot of open backs too.
No, I can't say that I find male vocals thin.
Yes easy to drive from a DAP. I was using them with a DAP at first and they sounded great and now have added a portable/transportable amp and they do scale even better still.

Feb 13, 2022 at 11:17 PM Post #234 of 299
Hi! I’ve got the ap2kti’s with a RME dac and it’s great! I listen to most styles and this can handles most. Vivaldi sounds great and electronic music like Infected Mushroom also. Go buy a pair!

Feb 15, 2022 at 12:08 AM Post #235 of 299
I listen to a lot of electronic music and I think the ap2kti sounds great with it. There's enough bass and the highs really help to bring a lot of energy to the music and to me they don't sound overly bright but they are brighter than the M50x. I recently changed the pads to some Brainwavz that aren't angled but they are thicker than the stock pads and I feel like they have helped with the soundstage quite a bit and they've also brought the highs down just a touch. So far I like how they sound now more than with the stock pads though the change is small but noticeable.

Feb 15, 2022 at 12:53 AM Post #236 of 299
I listen to a lot of electronic music and I think the ap2kti sounds great with it. There's enough bass and the highs really help to bring a lot of energy to the music and to me they don't sound overly bright but they are brighter than the M50x. I recently changed the pads to some Brainwavz that aren't angled but they are thicker than the stock pads and I feel like they have helped with the soundstage quite a bit and they've also brought the highs down just a touch. So far I like how they sound now more than with the stock pads though the change is small but noticeable.
Great tip about the pads. Wich kind did you choose?

Mar 30, 2022 at 9:20 PM Post #237 of 299
Would these be the appropriate upgrade from the Msr7b? Could they be considered the more mature version? From reading through this thread, I gather they may have a touch more bass quantity, with better depth and layering. Also the upper mids and lower treble aren't quite as strident, and a touch more relaxed. Does this sound accurate?

Mar 31, 2022 at 2:12 AM Post #238 of 299
Would these be the appropriate upgrade from the Msr7b? Could they be considered the more mature version? From reading through this thread, I gather they may have a touch more bass quantity, with better depth and layering. Also the upper mids and lower treble aren't quite as strident, and a touch more relaxed. Does this sound accurate?
Yes I think that’s a fair assessment.

Mar 31, 2022 at 3:11 AM Post #240 of 299
Excellent. Have you had the opportunity to listen to both? Hoping the TI has better resolution, imaging, dynamics, and just an overall cleaner presentation.
Yes indeed, I have both. Originally I was going to replace the MSR7b with the AP2k but in the end I kept them as they are handy for using with my laptop and are more portable if space is limited in a backpack. The Ap2k is more extended in the bass without bleeding into the mids or being boomy. The mids and treble are more neutral with better soundstaging in depth and width.

I was looking for a closed back headphone that matched my HD800S and this was the closest I could find at the time. I have recently compared them with the Meze Liric which had a more extended bass but what felt like a more recessed treble so I kept the AP2k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back