Audio-Technica ATH-AP2000Ti - Impressions Thread
Aug 8, 2020 at 11:45 PM Post #107 of 299
W
There's no deals of the AP2000ti that I know of. However ( a very careful however), Zzounds does have the AP2000ti for sale so if you're willing to use their monthly payment plan you can try that. I'm not sure how their return system works though, but it is an option :)
Went for amazon, however says its not available, anyway bought it on pre-order. Want the 30 day return policy, $1250 is too much to take a risk.

Aug 9, 2020 at 3:16 AM Post #108 of 299
W

Went for amazon, however says its not available, anyway bought it on pre-order. Want the 30 day return policy, $1250 is too much to take a risk.

Possibly I was just lucky, but if you aren't in any rush you might be able to catch a 10-20% discount in BF/Year end type store-wide sales or an open box item.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2020 at 9:27 PM Post #109 of 299
Possibly I was just lucky, but if you aren't in any rush you might be able to catch a 10-20% discount in BF/Year end type store-wide sales or an open box item.
I had to cancel the order on Amazon, says it's only available until December. I will go directly with ATH and try the 30-day return policy, has anyone tried this?

On the other hand, has anyone now the inner size of the earpads?

Thanks

Aug 13, 2020 at 11:36 PM Post #110 of 299
I absolutely love the sound of the AP2000ti, but the fact that the finish can be dirtied / marked so easily drives me crazy. Has anyone come up with any tricks to keep it easier to clean other than just wiping it every time you touch it?

Aug 18, 2020 at 7:39 PM Post #111 of 299
I was looking for a totl or close to totl closed back headphone and after researching for about a week I chose the AP2000ti. This is the most I've ever spent on a headphone so I hope I like them but from what I've read about them they seem to be almost exactly what I was looking for. This will be my first AT headphone as well.

Aug 18, 2020 at 8:02 PM Post #112 of 299
I was looking for a totl or close to totl closed back headphone and after researching for about a week I chose the AP2000ti. This is the most I've ever spent on a headphone so I hope I like them but from what I've read about them they seem to be almost exactly what I was looking for. This will be my first AT headphone as well.
Im on the same bus here.! Just waiting for the shipping confirmation from Audio Technica. The only difference is that I already have the MSR7b and I've been looking for a serious upgrade, not having luck with beyer 660s, T5p 2nd and recently the Focal Elegia.

Hope this is really it.

Aug 18, 2020 at 8:18 PM Post #113 of 299
I was also looking at some closed-back planars and while I do like planars there's just something about a good dynamic driver I love. As good as planars are they just don't have that dynamic punch that I really enjoy and not just in the bass.

Aug 19, 2020 at 4:07 AM Post #114 of 299

I got mine from Bloom Audio as an open box for $1099. I got quite a few of my headphones that way and they all looked brand new.

Aug 19, 2020 at 4:17 AM Post #115 of 299
I absolutely love the sound of the AP2000ti, but the fact that the finish can be dirtied / marked so easily drives me crazy. Has anyone come up with any tricks to keep it easier to clean other than just wiping it every time you touch it?
I agree. Never hard a headphone attract this grubby look in the way they. I will dab them with a very lightly wet (water) fibre cloth, but otherwise there's not too much one can do.

Aug 19, 2020 at 4:18 AM Post #116 of 299
I got mine from Bloom Audio as an open box for $1099. I got quite a few of my headphones that way and they all looked brand new.
Nice. Let us know your impressions.

Aug 19, 2020 at 12:46 PM Post #117 of 299
I agree. Never hard a headphone attract this grubby look in the way they. I will dab them with a very lightly wet (water) fibre cloth, but otherwise there's not too much one can do.
This issue, along with the smaller pads makes it hard for me to recommend this headphone over say, the AWAS despite not having heard the other headphones - I find it unacceptable for a headphone of this price range.

Once we get more information on pad rolling or a company like Dekoni start to make custom pads, then this may be the first headphone I end up painting haha. Because this sound is too good to give up :)

Aug 21, 2020 at 6:03 PM Post #118 of 299
I've had them for about an hour and I'm pretty impressed so far with the SQ. Very detailed with nice highs and the bass is very strong when called upon and I like that a lot. The cups are going to be a pain to keep clean but since I'm not going to really be using this other than at home I don't care that much. I'll give some more impressions after I listen longer but so far I think they're a very good headphone.

Aug 25, 2020 at 1:24 AM Post #119 of 299
After using them for a few days now I'm liking them a lot. I love the highs and over the past few months have begun to enjoy a brighter treble but not so bright they become over powering and the treble on the AP2000ti are just about perfect. The bass is also very nice and has a very smooth sound but when called upon it can hit with quite hard. One thing that has surprised me is the soundstage because it sounds more like an open or simi-open one and is on par with my HP-3 and Nighthawk. The width is better than I expected and there's also a very good 3 dimensional presentation to it. These are the best closed-back headphone I've heard and I'm glad I took a chance on them.

I'm also having a cable made for them from Bryan at Zynsonix so I'm looking forward to hearing how or if the sound changes.

Sep 2, 2020 at 1:51 AM Post #120 of 299
Anyone experimenting with mods?
I've been trying ye olde extremely basic 1-ply TP "front filter" recently... haven't done a thorough comparison vs stock, so it might just be my ears reacclimating after using WP900 primarily for a few weeks, but it does seem to just slightly soften the treble, possibly loses some stage 'air' and upper mids maybe a bit more wonky but without throwing out the entire FR balance.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back