Audio-Technica ATH-ANC9?
Aug 19, 2012 at 4:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

asc1198

New Head-Fier
Are these good enough headphones that spend $200-$250 on? I need headphones with great comfort (around ear) so that they could be worn for 5+ hours without breaks. They also have to be very good at noise cancelling. I found a pair of these on eBay for $198 and a pair on amazon for $240. Please let me know if you think these are good or if I should get something else. Thanks!

Aug 19, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #2 of 9
Quote:
Are these good enough headphones that spend $200-$250 on? I need headphones with great comfort (around ear) so that they could be worn for 5+ hours without breaks. They also have to be very good at noise cancelling. I found a pair of these on eBay for $198 and a pair on amazon for $240. Please let me know if you think these are good or if I should get something else. Thanks!

Even though they arent liked here I think the Bose QC15 would be a good choice. They are the best NC headphones. They sound alright and they are the most comfy headphones I have ever worn. I tried them at the Apple store and the comfort was amazing. 

Aug 19, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #3 of 9

If you are completely set on active noise cancelling, just save for the Bose QC 15. Astounding noise cancelling (much better than athanc9) and a decent sound. Check out this article.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/comparative-review-high-end-noise-canceling-headphones

If you don't need ANC then there are also many other passive isolating headphones that sound much better than the price.

Aug 19, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:
If you are completely set on active noise cancelling, just save for the Bose QC 15. Astounding noise cancelling (much better than athanc9) and a decent sound. Check out this article.
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/comparative-review-high-end-noise-canceling-headphones
If you don't need ANC then there are also many other passive isolating headphones that sound much better than the price.

And the comfort on the QC15 is amazing. But if you can give up NC you can get a much better sounding headphone. 

Aug 19, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #5 of 9

What passive isolating headphones would you recommend?

Aug 19, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:
What passive isolating headphones would you recommend?

What type of music do you listen to? And what will you be using the headphones for? Like going on airplanes or the subway? Or just at home? Are you fine with IEM's?

Aug 19, 2012 at 5:00 PM Post #7 of 9
What type of music do you listen to? And what will you be using the headphones for? Like going on airplanes or the subway? Or just at home? Are you fine with IEM's?

I mostly listen to current pop. I would be using these for in the car, on airplanes occasionally and just at home. I'm really not that interested in IEM's. I prefer over head around ear

Aug 19, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:
I mostly listen to current pop. I would be using these for in the car, on airplanes occasionally and just at home. I'm really not that interested in IEM's. I prefer over head around ear

The Denon D2000. Extremely comfortable and good amount of bass. They do leak sound alot though. Not sure if that's a problem and that there $300
frown.gif

Aug 19, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #9 of 9
The Denon D2000. Extremely comfortable and good amount of bass. They do leak sound alot though. Not sure if that's a problem and that there $300:frowning2:

I am looking more for closed headphones. Also I think that two cable type design might be annoying for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back