Audio Technica ATH-AD900x Impressions Thread
May 11, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #121 of 250
Originally Posted by Shaffer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The curling of the cord goes away after a while; mine is as straight as an arrow. The stiffness never goes away.

The cable just feels..plasticy. I've never felt one like it. But I almost kinda like the curling though. It's funny to watch the cord roll up.
What surprises me most is that Audio Technica didn't give the new AD series removable cables, yet they're giving everything else that luxury.
triportsad.gif

But dang, do they sound great. And their fit is nice. I love the new ear pads!

May 15, 2015 at 6:10 AM Post #122 of 250
The cable just feels..plasticy. I've never felt one like it. But I almost kinda like the curling though. It's funny to watch the cord roll up.
What surprises me most is that Audio Technica didn't give the new AD series removable cables, yet they're giving everything else that luxury.:triportsad:

But dang, do they sound great. And their fit is nice. I love the new ear pads!

Remember that when the AD-X came out Audio Technica didn't have any detachable cables. The 50X was their first IIRC and it came out after.

May 15, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #123 of 250
Originally Posted by lostinthesauce /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Remember that when the AD-X came out Audio Technica didn't have any detachable cables. The 50X was their first IIRC and it came out after.

Ohhh. They should re-release it...Again. Actually, it's not really a big deal because studio/portable headphones are the ones that need removable cables.

May 15, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #125 of 250
Originally Posted by lostinthesauce /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The ATH-R70X is currently priced equivalent to the AD-1000X on Amazon.

Ooh, and what's interesting is it has a smooth sound signature, rather than the airy, bass-light AD(X) sound. I bet it's going to kinda take the thunder away from the AD(X) series. But you can bet it doesn't have the amazing soundstage.

Jun 10, 2015 at 2:50 AM Post #130 of 250
Hey guys...I didn't need another headphone, but I've always wanted an Audio Technica and found a decent deal, so I just pulled the trigger on the AD900x. Do any of you guys own higher end headphones but still enjoy playing around with these, as well? I recently had a great experience with the HifiMan HE-400, so keeping fingers crossed I can find another inexpensive option to enjoy. 

Jun 10, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #131 of 250
Hey guys...I didn't need another headphone, but I've always wanted an Audio Technica and found a decent deal, so I just pulled the trigger on the AD900x. Do any of you guys own higher end headphones but still enjoy playing around with these, as well? I recently had a great experience with the HifiMan HE-400, so keeping fingers crossed I can find another inexpensive option to enjoy. 

I love the AD900x, especially in conjunction with a Feliks Audio Elise amplifier. It's as if they gain another octave of bass extension and a whole lot of weight and slam. I know, almost hard to imagine. You can see the gear I use in my profile and I feel like the ADs have a special place in my arsenal with their airy, open, clear and non-fatiguing presentation. Plus, they're a pleasure to wear. Such a light fit. Just used them last night.

Jun 10, 2015 at 6:03 PM Post #132 of 250
Could someone measure how wide the cups are for the ad900x. I'm thinking about getting rid of the headband on the 900x and transplanting them onto a standard headband.

Jun 10, 2015 at 9:53 PM Post #134 of 250
I love the AD900x, especially in conjunction with a Feliks Audio Elise amplifier. It's as if they gain another octave of bass extension and a whole lot of weight and slam. I know, almost hard to imagine. You can see the gear I use in my profile and I feel like the ADs have a special place in my arsenal with their airy, open, clear and non-fatiguing presentation. Plus, they're a pleasure to wear. Such a light fit. Just used them last night.

Thanks man, I'm loving those adjectives you're using! 

PS. Always nice to see a fellow Meier owner! 

Jun 11, 2015 at 6:09 AM Post #135 of 250
Greetings, how do these headphones compare to the AKG K7XX's? Personally, I was looking at the AKG K712 Pro's. But I've used the AD700's for years and find them great. The only bad thing I can say about them is their non-existent bass, which doesn't bother me at all. In order of most use to least use they will be for gaming, movies and music. Source will be an 02/ODAC combo. Thanks in advance for any input you can provide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back