Audio-Technica ATH-A900X or Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO Limited Edition 32 Ohms
May 29, 2013 at 9:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Filen

New Head-Fier
Hi  guys, I need your help to choose right head phones. After some research I come to this two models there are good reviews about both of them unfortunately I don’t have a chance to listen any of them. Some of groups that [size=11.0pt]I am listening [/size]: Coldplay, Duft Punk, Killers Woodkid, Bonobo, XX, Fitz & Tantrums.

May 29, 2013 at 10:07 AM Post #2 of 4
I have the A900X my self and I been enjoying  alot and I listen to Daft Punk as Dubstep, Drum n bass and as well Ambient, IDM and other forms of Electronic music, as well as Jazz and classical, I do dip in rap once in a blue moon and I found they did a good job with that as well.  I had mine for close to a year so they burned in.  I do use the A900X for gaming as well and to me they work very well in gaming, since i able to keep them on for hours now that the earpad broken in.

I'm not good with giving a good explaining on how they sound with those music.  But to me they do a very good job with music I listed, The bass is perfect to me, its there when the music calls for it and isn't when the music doesn't,I don't listen to metal or pop so I don;t know how those sound on the headphones.  The 3D flaps on the headphone doesn't bother me at all and feels light on my head. The rubber band mod works with these headphones where the rubber band makes the headphone tighter on your head. So it doesn't slide off if that does happens to you.  The ear pad's doesn't really bother me and my ears fit inside of them easy. But I seen people mention that there are other earpads from other models, that will fit on them.

The A900X is fairly easy to drive so you do not need to plug them into a headphone amp, The cable of the headphones is very long but the cable is braided. I dropped mine a couple of times on my desk and they still in great shape. Also if your source is not good, the headphones like any other type of good headphones will bering out the flaws of your source.

I don't know any thing about the DT770 since I never used them so I can't help you there.

May 29, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #4 of 4
I've got a DT 770 Pro LE and a AD1000PRM on my shelf.

Construction on the DT 770 is improved over the DT 990 Pro and DT 880 Premium that I own. The weight is about 25% lighter than the other two headphones and the clamp is similar to a Premium series Beyer instead of the Pro series. The pleather on the DT 770 is nicer than the pleather on the DT 990 Pro and similar to that used in the headband of the DT 880 Premium. Frequency balance is slightly v-shaped, but less so than the DT 990 and warmer than the DT 880. I find that it works well for a wide variety of genres. 

My AD1000PRM has more air and better imaging. The upper midrange is pushed forward, but I don't find it sibilant. It has better technicalities and lower amplifier requirements, but is more niche. I find that it sounds best with acoustic music and vocals. Although the Beyer has a low 32 ohm impedance, the bass and instrument separation are not worth $250 without good amplification. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back