Audio-Technica AT-HA5000ANV 50th Anniversary Headphone Amplifier
Oct 15, 2012 at 2:36 AM Post #16 of 23
Very nice looking amp. I noticed that the inputs on the back are labeled AC coupled and DC coupled, or is it DC direct... Sorry for my ignorance, but would someone mind enlightening my as to what that means in practical terms? As in which input should a normal line level signal be plugged into and why?

Feb 26, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #17 of 23
Quote:
Very nice looking amp. I noticed that the inputs on the back are labeled AC coupled and DC coupled, or is it DC direct... Sorry for my ignorance, but would someone mind enlightening my as to what that means in practical terms? As in which input should a normal line level signal be plugged into and why?

I'm actually looking at purchasing this with a set of the 3000ANVs and was wondering about this same question. Anyone?

Feb 25, 2014 at 4:44 AM Post #19 of 23
the main problem of ha5000anv is the voltage setting in my openion.
there is the only 100v vision which can be provided.but the amp is very sensltive for electricity.i had trid many transformer and felt there were a hugh difference when the output
voltage is little higher than amp required.
the sound become quite bright and i can feel more sibilance. 

Apr 7, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #21 of 23
So I plugged my W5000 into this amp at the Parisian AT Concept Store with my DX100 feeding it, and wow, I fully get what a good dedicated desktop amp can do to furthermore improve on SQ now! The experience confirmed how much it is worthwhile to save up for it. I'll settle for the non anniversary amp though :p .

Apr 8, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #22 of 23
So I plugged my W5000 into this amp at the Parisian AT Concept Store with my DX100 feeding it, and wow, I fully get what a good dedicated desktop amp can do to furthermore improve on SQ now! The experience confirmed how much it is worthwhile to save up for it. I'll settle for the non anniversary amp though :p .

Still have new set for sale?

Apr 10, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #23 of 23
They told me the amps there weren't for sale, just for demo and showcasing their headphones properly. Mind you, with the prices they were asking for the other equipment, had they been offering their amps for sale to the public and if I'd had enough cash, I would still have sought one elsewhere... Japanese import still is much cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back