Audio-Technica Announces Revised SOLID BASS Headphones and Earphones
Oct 27, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #31 of 82
Yep after a half hour i am done with the XB700 damn it's pounding jesus...d^_^b... the ATH WS55 is so much more detailed in every aspect,and those basslines are just so unique sounding and pound just as good.With the xb700 i cannot hear the difference between bassline and kickdrum...but the ws55 is just lovely for hours and hours so i really am interested in those ws99 damn,but i need a can for music making so the Sony mdr 1R is also a option for me....

Oct 27, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #32 of 82
Quote:
With the xb700 i cannot hear the difference between bassline and kickdrum

It's amazing how just a dozen words can tell me everything I need to know about a pair of cans. 
smile.gif
  Thanks!

LOL @ your avatar btw.

Nov 6, 2012 at 4:03 AM Post #34 of 82
I just ordered the ws77 from Japan and they should be here within the next ten days. I will post my impressions once they arrive for you guys. I'm super excited right now, hopefully these will serve me well on my trip to Europe that's comming up.

Nov 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM Post #35 of 82
Quote:
I just ordered the ws77 from Japan and they should be here within the next ten days. I will post my impressions once they arrive for you guys. I'm super excited right now, hopefully these will serve me well on my trip to Europe that's comming up.

Can't wait to hear what you think!
I honestly think the WS77's look pretty ugly compared to the WS55's, but as far as headphones go they look alright. The 99's look sweet though, and I thought I saw someone say they are full-sized rather than on-ear. If that's the cast then they could be a perfect companion to my 55's.

Nov 13, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #36 of 82
Quote:

Can't wait to hear what you think!
I honestly think the WS77's look pretty ugly compared to the WS55's, but as far as headphones go they look alright. The 99's look sweet though, and I thought I saw someone say they are full-sized rather than on-ear. If that's the cast then they could be a perfect companion to my 55's.

Good news, my WS77 have just arrived. So far they sound pretty good, I like them better than the ATH M50's. Comfort levels are good and there is plenty of bass. I will burn these in over night and see how they go.

Nov 26, 2012 at 12:17 AM Post #39 of 82
Quote:
ws70 as my first cans i am surely gonna buy another solid bass line up:)

The rest of the line-up should sound pretty different to the WS70's, as they are the oldest of the Solid Bass headphones. The WS55/77/99 will have more mid and treble presence and more controlled bass. Whichever one you go for should be an upgrade to the WS70, but it's awesome you are enjoying them! I never got a chance to try them.

Dec 7, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #42 of 82
Dec 12, 2012 at 11:45 PM Post #43 of 82
Any further opinions on the ATH-WS77? I found a good deal on them but I'm not sure if I should get them. they'd be a present for someone who listens to a lot of megadeath, tool, kweli, is that a good fit or are they meant for dubstep?

Dec 30, 2012 at 7:32 PM Post #45 of 82
Really interested in upgrading.. Can't decide between the CKS1000 and the WS99 :frowning2:.. I currently have a pair of CKS77s and I LOVE them. Where would you guys recommend buying these if/when I buy a pair.  Just looking at the sellers on Amazon, a few of them seem suspicious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back