Audio-Technica Announces Revised SOLID BASS Headphones and Earphones
Jan 13, 2013 at 12:33 AM Post #78 of 82
Quick update:

The cups aren't deep enough so my ears rest on the drivers which causes them to hurt after like ~15 minutes.
The highs are very clear and crisp.
It has a really nice sound stage and it there is plenty of space between different sounds.
Sometimes it sounds as if the bass and mids are muddy, but I don't consistently notice it.  I'll notice it with a certain song and then later I won't notice it with the same song.

Jan 17, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #79 of 82
Hi guys (newbie first post) - can't help but giving 2nd opinion about ath-ws99's signature. Today had a chance trying it for half an hour (I know it's brief) but in this half an hour I can confirm I am already in love for it's the FASTEST bass headphone I've ever heard. (I own 10+, ws99's bass is faster than all of the following (subjective) aiaiai tma-1, ath-m50, DT990, V-moda crossfade LP, Harmon kardon BT, image x10, shure se215, Sony field monitor, t50p, DT880, ue700...) in short I just want to say the bass on ws99 may not be the biggest nor deepest but its just SO FAST, you will notice its speed at very first listen, definitely worth an audition, and importantly it doesn't seem to suffer v-shape sound like DT990, meaning the bass compliment mid and high quite well, I am yet to see the frequency response to confirm my suspicion of a quite flat line. - I think its worth the $300 tag because its really a different signature, ESP if you like bass music, this is like an speedy amp+headphone experience. For once the marketing material seem to match the product .... Something like mounting driver closely to the precisely cut aluminum chassis, shallow distance between driver to ear give sense of speed, and that speed is great fun.

Jan 17, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #80 of 82
Quote:
Hi guys (newbie first post) - can't help but giving 2nd opinion about ath-ws99's signature. Today had a chance trying it for half an hour (I know it's brief) but in this half an hour I can confirm I am already in love for it's the FASTEST bass headphone I've ever heard. (I own 10+, ws99's bass is faster than all of the following (subjective) aiaiai tma-1, ath-m50, DT990, V-moda crossfade LP, Harmon kardon BT, image x10, shure se215, Sony field monitor, t50p, DT880, ue700...) in short I just want to say the bass on ws99 may not be the biggest nor deepest but its just SO FAST, you will notice its speed at very first listen, definitely worth an audition, and importantly it doesn't seem to suffer v-shape sound like DT990, meaning the bass compliment mid and high quite well, I am yet to see the frequency response to confirm my suspicion of a quite flat line. - I think its worth the $300 tag because its really a different signature, ESP if you like bass music, this is like an speedy amp+headphone experience. For once the marketing material seem to match the product .... Something like mounting driver closely to the precisely cut aluminum chassis, shallow distance between driver to ear give sense of speed, and that speed is great fun.

Awesome impressions! Pretty much sounds exactly like I thought it would. A bigger & better WS55. If only I had the cash for these! Ha

Jan 17, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #81 of 82
The WS99 MSRP is $250, they'll be closer to $200 by the time stores actually start carrying them.
cool.gif
Hurry up AT.

Apr 24, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #82 of 82
Hello everyone.

Does anyone know where I can find reviews of the CKS99? I'm hesitating between these and the new CKN70 to replace my current CKM99. And since I'm gonna be in Japan next week...

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back