Audio Technica AD-700 PROBLEM! Rear soundstage too quiet?
Jun 30, 2010 at 3:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

kakoii

New Head-Fier
As said by the title, I just pruchased a pair of AD-700's and have been using them for gaming and listening to music.  I recently discovered (while gaming) that the rear soundstage is significantly quieter than usual.  I tried checking connections, restarting everything, and everything in between.  I also found that the left speakers play a little louder than the right ones, and something to note would be that I bought them from buydig.com and that the package had been previously opened.  Please help, as my warranty will expire soon 
frown.gif

Jul 3, 2010 at 11:00 AM Post #2 of 7
how are you powering them? i use an astro mixamp with mine and if the volume knob isn't up just enough, the left speakers will play louder than the right. they are easy to power but maybe they aren't getting enough juice.

Aug 5, 2010 at 2:02 PM Post #4 of 7
I am powering them with an amp meant for surround sound speakers, so I don't think that power is the problem...  As for the settings, I'll try that, except for the fact that now my right audio cuts out completely at times, and the ONLY the rear sound out of the entire range is quieter than usual.  The sound is kinda sounds a bit "echo-y" and very distant.  I don't have toslink cables, and have routed the audio and video through the amp.  The right sound problem is usually solved (sometimes temporarily) by disconnecting the headphones from the amp, turning the amp off, then turning it back on and reconnecting the headphones.

Aug 5, 2010 at 8:24 PM Post #7 of 7
I have an xbox and PS3 my setup is.

Console>HDMI>HDTV.
Console>toslink>victor SU-DH1 mini amp>ATH-A900 headphones.

Beautiful sound, I can hear all the footsteps etc, directional no problem.

any way I can help Kakoii(cool) ,just ask, I did a lot of internet research before my purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back