Audio Technica 3D wing headband vs AKG auto-adjust headband
Feb 5, 2013 at 5:34 AM Post #32 of 34
Quote:
I've had both recently. The AD2k and now the K702 anniversary. The clamp on the AD2k was quite intense and caused some pain until it loosened up and that took many months since I wasn't using the AD2k too much (maybe a few hours every couple of weeks). The AKG goes on much easier. The same goes for when I had the K501 and K601. They are just really comfortable.

Most people complainted that the clamping force on the wing design is too weak, I suppose the AD2K is an exception?

Quote:
Yeah that's exactly what I would be doing.
I hope you find the perfect headphone by reading reviews
wink_face.gif

Thanks. I hope you can find the perfect headphone by not reading reviews

Quote:
AKG's auto adjust headband is extremely comfy though I haven't tried the wing design .

Headbands on beyers are the best though..

Speaking of beyers, I do remember reading about some beyers knock offs from takstar, hmm...

Feb 5, 2013 at 5:49 AM Post #33 of 34
Quote:
That's stupid. You will never find what's best for you base on "opinions", you should look "opinion" up. (Hint: it's subjective).
The only way is get out and try them on yourself.

Agreed. :) Notice how varied people's opinion on this is - aside from subjectivity, there are also too many variables (the specific type of heaphones and their weight, the wearer's headsize, etc.)

I own the Superlux HD668B and I love the wing system - but then again, I've always liked AT's wing system. Phones that use headband tend to put pressure on the top of my head, whereas the wings have two pressure points (instead of one) and distributes the weight more evenly (and imo the sides of the head is less sensitive than the dead center)

Personally though, I would pick the pair of headphones that have the sound presentation that you like, rather than comfort. Think sound quality --> Comfort.

Feb 5, 2013 at 6:57 AM Post #34 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagheera /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Personally though, I would pick the pair of headphones that have the sound presentation that you like, rather than comfort. Think sound quality --> Comfort.

Well I don't really care about sound quality as I'm going to be eq'ing them according to joe bloggs' tutorial anyway, thats why comfort comes first, but of course it would be easier to have them eq'ed if they have a flatter response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back