AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard for Computer Audio
Apr 10, 2017 at 9:40 PM Post #3,061 of 3,694
  I use Belkin mans cable bought at hificollective. I have short runs, so not so worried about the mains cable TBH, as long as it is nice and thick (high amp capacity) and you use medical or audio wall plugs. And I use Furatech IEC midrange plugs. Also try and get a dedicated mains line to your gear back to the consumer unit.

I did get decent interconnects though, silver with good RCA plugs. Don't forget to get hifi fuses such as the AMR ones.

Good luck.

Hmm... I don't know about the fuses, I'll have to look into that, but what I do know is that I'm planning on getting something from WireWorld.

Probably WireWorld Electra 7 would be a god starting point for a power cord.

Assuming I get a high-end DAC and amp some day, then I should go with Shunyata Research Sigma, these seem to beat WireWorld in all aspects from what I've read.

Apr 12, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #3,062 of 3,694
Hi! I need help with the Rednet 3. I got my rednet 3 working before but today my rednet 3 has no sound suddenly. I set the sample rate to 44.1HZ and connected to DVS and Forssell mada-2. I can find the rednet on the rednet controller 2 and I can ID the rednet 3 but when I play music in WDM mode,the aes activity light is not on at all and no sound. My music is 44.1hz flac file and I am using foobar. Anyone has any idea on where the problem could be?

Apr 12, 2017 at 6:24 PM Post #3,063 of 3,694
  Hi! I need help with the Rednet 3. I got my rednet 3 working before but today my rednet 3 has no sound suddenly. I set the sample rate to 44.1HZ and connected to DVS and Forssell mada-2. I can find the rednet on the rednet controller 2 and I can ID the rednet 3 but when I play music in WDM mode,the aes activity light is not on at all and no sound. My music is 44.1hz flac file and I am using foobar. Anyone has any idea on where the problem could be?

How does Dante Controller look? If there's no issue there, than it's probably nothing to do with Rednet.

Sorry, can't help with Foobar, I'm using HQPlayer.

Apr 12, 2017 at 7:23 PM Post #3,064 of 3,694

If you bought it from Sweetwater I would give them a call. Otherwise try to get Focusrite on the phone. They are very responsive.

Have you tried using ASIO?

Apr 12, 2017 at 9:41 PM Post #3,065 of 3,694
Can some one sell me DB25 to AES cable that can work from RN3 -> Mutec->AES. 

MY current cable work perfect from RN3 to Yggy but if i connect RN3 to mutec then it wont work no matter what i try.....i already have  an additional 

https://www.amazon.com/Swellder-Connector-15-pin-Terminal-Breakout/dp/B01270C0ZI/ref=pd_lpo_147_bs_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=13B1V9GRDJQ7J543RD5D

any help...

V

Apr 12, 2017 at 10:19 PM Post #3,066 of 3,694
If you already have a DB-25 to XLR that works (from the RN3 to the Jggy), then I would suspect either the xlr to xlr cable from the 3+ to the Jggy, or the setup on the 3+ is the problem.

If your existing DB-25 to XLR works at all, then it's got to be something else.

JJ

May 3, 2017 at 7:50 PM Post #3,069 of 3,694
Sorry if this has been discussed, but I didn't find anything: Anyone know how much degradation, if any, a person would get from an AES3 to S/PDIF converter? I was planning on getting a Gungnir Multibit but annoyingly no AES balanced input. As best I can tell, AS3 and S/PDIF (via BNC) audio formats are the same, and it is easy to convert balanced to unbalanced and convert the impedance, but some S/PDIF receivers won't recognize the stream as the protocols are slightly different. I wouldn't really expect anyone to know if specifically a Gungnir would accept the converted signal from a Rednet box, but I'm more wondering if anyone has experience with the signal quality in this scenario in general. Of course I would prefer to do away with the issue by purchasing an Yggy, but budget won't allow that right now. And of course there are other DACs with AES that I could look into, so this is just a general question. Thx!

May 16, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #3,071 of 3,694
No problem at all. it is in the list of output devices as an ASIO device.

May 16, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #3,074 of 3,694
May 18, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #3,075 of 3,694
Well, I had been using an Audiophilleo 1 with purepower for the past year, which is a USB to SPDIF converter.

Decided to buy an Atterotech Undaes-O just for experimentation. I also purchased a TeraDak 24VDC linear power supply to feed it. I connected the Undaes-O to the Schiit Yggdrasil with balanced cable. The Undaes-O is connected to my Ethernet home network, which has a Mac mini server attached. I installed Dante virtual sound card driver and the controller app on the server.

The software is not easy to configure if you have never used this AOIP software before. Finally I got it setup to stream 44.1Khz material and I set JRiver to send only 44.1Khz material to the virtual sound card driver.

Initially it began to work and I thought it sounded like crap...until I realized I was sending the left channel to both speakers and listening to mono. Like I said - not easy to configure. Finally got it all sorted out.....and

DAMN. This is one great sounding transport! It sounds at least as good as the Audiophilleo....and I suspect it probably sounds even a little bit better. I'm definitely keeping this setup. 99% of my music is redbook, so I don't care about high resolution formats.

This setup is also cleaner and neater than the Audiophilleo if you have a home network already setup and your music server is far away from your listening room.

Highly recommended.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back