AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard for Computer Audio
Aug 31, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #3,528 of 3,694
Is anyone here using Qobuz and found a good way to accomplish playback through their DVS output?

It is coming to the US soon and I was just wondering. Playback through my system now uses JRMC.

This works wonderfully but I am looking forward to trying out Qobuz to widen my musical horizon a bit...

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2018 at 6:18 PM Post #3,529 of 3,694
Is anyone here using Qobuz and found a good way to accomplish playback through their DVS output?

It is coming to the US soon and I was just wondering. Playback through my system now uses JRMC.

This works wonderfully but I am looking forward to trying out Qobuz to widen my musical horizon a bit...

Can't help you there, but I've also shelved Qobuz in the back of my mind in case Tidal (which I like) takes a dive. My Audirvana+ does Tidal and Qobuz.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #3,530 of 3,694
I'm using Qobuz desktop app on Windows 10. You just need to select the sound output to DVS in the Qobuz desktop app, then it will work properly.

Sep 3, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #3,533 of 3,694
Thanks. I am using plain old RDP for now. An IOS app would be great however.

SQ is very good via DVS. I even have sample rate following working.

Looking forward to their US launch.

Sep 6, 2018 at 8:54 AM Post #3,534 of 3,694
I'm using Qobuz desktop app on Windows 10. You just need to select the sound output to DVS in the Qobuz desktop app, then it will work properly.

So I now have QB working on my Win2012 server running DVS to my D16/Mutec USB/Yggy. It sounds excellent and the album choices are staggering, especially for classical music. I have found one issue however.

I usually run JRMC for playback of my own files. QB and JRMC do not seem to like to be running at the same time. This issue comes up when I try to switch between them. It seems that once one of the programs plays music then it "locks" DVS and will not give it up until that app is closed. DVS seems to be monogamous, not liking to share resources.

I realize that Rednet users are a small group and that of those the ones also using Qobuz make for an even smaller sampling but I am hopeful someone else has experimented with this. I would like to find one setup that supports both ways of playback and allows seamless rate switching.

Sep 6, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #3,535 of 3,694
Have you got JRMC running with exclusive access turned on?
Just a possible factor that might be mess'n with the mix…

JJ

Sep 6, 2018 at 10:47 PM Post #3,536 of 3,694
Have you got JRMC running with exclusive access turned on?
Just a possible factor that might be mess'n with the mix…

JJ

Thanks.Seems like a good possibility. Remind me where to find that. I did not see it in the JRMC audio settings. I am using ASIO which may use it automatically?

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2018 at 10:51 PM Post #3,537 of 3,694
under options > audio > audio device > device settings > Open Device with Exclusive Access

JJ

Sep 7, 2018 at 12:31 AM Post #3,538 of 3,694
I'm experiencing the same problem with you except I am using foobar. As others suggest, you could try using wasapi rather than asio. In my case, I can't get wasapi to work properly in foobar.

So I now have QB working on my Win2012 server running DVS to my D16/Mutec USB/Yggy. It sounds excellent and the album choices are staggering, especially for classical music. I have found one issue however.

I usually run JRMC for playback of my own files. QB and JRMC do not seem to like to be running at the same time. This issue comes up when I try to switch between them. It seems that once one of the programs plays music then it "locks" DVS and will not give it up until that app is closed. DVS seems to be monogamous, not liking to share resources.

I realize that Rednet users are a small group and that of those the ones also using Qobuz make for an even smaller sampling but I am hopeful someone else has experimented with this. I would like to find one setup that supports both ways of playback and allows seamless rate switching.

Sep 7, 2018 at 7:37 AM Post #3,539 of 3,694
My RedNet ASIO settings do not have that option of "Open Device with Exclusive Access" and I also do not have the option of WASAPI. Perhaps it has to do with running Win2012 with Audiophile Optimizer? One of these might turn off Windows Sound. My headphone system uses Win10 via USB and has a WASAPI output option. It has the same conflict between JMRC and Qobuz and I am not using RedNet on that system. I will try WASAPI without "Exclusive Mode on that system and see what happens.

I understand that Roon might be offering Qobuz integration so that might be a good final answer. I am really liking Qobuz and so hope this can work out. Seamlessly integrating my own files with QB would be great.

Sep 8, 2018 at 9:01 AM Post #3,540 of 3,694
So another question for those elite folks who have stayed with Dante :)

Are any of you using Roon to play via DVS? If so how is the sound quality compared to JMRC if you have used that as a player also...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back